OK, I guess I need to rephrase my doctrine.

To clarify what I’ve said over the past couple weeks about your people and your behaviour:

There’s a fine line between constructive criticism and honesty, and flaming. Such judgement need to be acquired and takes a boatload of maturity and wisdom, neither of which is possessed by a lot of people here, mods included, as recent events have proven. Now, I won’t name names, so don’t reply to this defending yourself, because you specifically haven’t been attacked.

That said, Chris Chris’ thread was stupidly inmature and reeked of an attention gimmick along the lines of what Alwyn used to do; she gave no reason for leaving, made what she DID say sound oh so whiny, and she’s done this before. Still, people make mistakes, and if she DOES decide to explain herself, he should listen to her, be critical but fair, and help her to fit in a little better. As for Orak, yeah, he did a lot of stuff we didn’t like. But he also had mental issues, and I speak from experience when I say that really he did not deserve a lot of what he got, especially since people were repeatedly told to knock it off.

Uriel, that was even worse. Admitted, he brought some of it on himself, but again, he had issues and needed friends, not insults. If a person like me could learn to befriend him, so could you guys. Instead you just antagonized him for your personal amusements. Pathetic.

And as far as the SK thing goes, that’s kind of another topic, but it basically comes down to, well, different interpretations of SK’s behaviour. He may have meant it jokingly, but from Roun’s point of view, there was nothing funny with SK acting like, well, SK, and closing his thread.

So, what should I say? There really aren’t any easy answers; while I think some of the things said to CC were inmature (Shinobi!) I think some of the rebuffing was equally inmature. A lot of the stuff I want to say I can’t put into words; draw your own conclusions, avoid flames, plzkthxbye.

"But he also had mental issues, and I speak from experience when I say that really he did not deserve a lot of what he got, especially since people were repeatedly told to knock it off. "

See, those were debatable and arguments were presented in such a fashion as to acquire clarity on the topic and even before those arguments, they were shot down simply by the statement that “Orak had problems”. And Merlin did not repetitively tell me or anyone to back off 8P.

it’s JUDGMENT not JUDGEMENT rararar boisngmoanmfgeogm nuke

Merl made a thread about telling people to lay off the anti-Orak behaviour that people like you were doing. You didn’t seem to notice it but you should have; it would have made things a lot nicer.

I’m not defending Orak’s behaviour; he deserved criticism but I think it could have been done a lot more constructively. I PMed him myself and explained what I thought about the situation; he was a little more open then.

As I said in the other thread, you’ll have to quote me as to how I was directly attacking Orakio as a person and not the lies he was telling people.

take this to PMs please. Anyone else can read X’ philosophical statement without the need to respond, so this can be closed too.