OH GOD PORTAL

Well it took me all fucking day because my laptop was not meant to play this, and shut off every 10 minutes or so, but I FUCKING BEAT THIS GAME. And it was so fucking fun. Also, i love the soundtrack, not just the ending credits song, the entire thing has a nice gloomy feel to it that i really dig. (especially Android_Hell if you have the ost)

If you go to Bonus Maps from the main menu, there is a button at the bottom that says “import more bonus maps”. Have any of these been released yet?

Now to attempt HL2:E2, but i think all the outdoor maps might finally do my shitty machine in ;___;

You could try forcing an older version of directx and see if that helps.

Launch Options. Try -dxlevel 81

It’s a toggle, so once you put it in and boot up the game you can remove it from the startup params and it’ll stay until you manually change the directx level again. I think it might keep reseting your video settings if you don’t remove it.

No offense, but pretty much all of the old TFC community was an annoyance. back when TFC was still generally popular it was fine, but the hardcore community became very very annoying due to the insane ability to avoid having fun and only worry about winning :confused:

edit: Lunaris, Sin, you guys have fun? :smiley:

Oh wow, that actually helped alot. The main issue i was having with both EP2 and Portal was that they would both kernel panic my system every couple of minutes and i’d have to reboot. I guess my video card has some issue with DX9? o_O weird but at least i can play without a huge hassle now.

I didn’t even notice this until i played the boss fight again and saw the conference room with the Black Mesa powerpoint playing XD

I think it’s more of the way Valve handles directx 9 with older video cards or something.

Yeah. DoD wants a fuel de-icer. Black Mesa’s offer only de-ices fuel, and its employees are OVERPAID due to their lack of ambition! Aperture’s offer, however, comes with a complete operating system and is arguably alive! :smiley: (Obviously, GLaDOS was in charge of the powerpoint.)

Also: I beat Episode 2 last night. SPOILER: DR. BREEN KILLS DUMBLEDORE!

Man some of these bonuses are fucking hard. Finishing stages in less than 10 seconds or taking less than 10 steps?

Is it at all possible to get Portal without getting one of the “boxes”?

You can get it on Steam for 20 bucks. I think the orange box is great value. Half Life 2 and its episodes together make one of the best game I’ve ever played, if not the best. For 30 bucks more , you get HL2, Ep1, Ep2 and TF2.

The Orange Box is one of the best deals in Videogame History.

Just as it says on the box!

As a sidenote, I can’t possibly imagine trying to do repeated flingings using an xbox 360 or a ps3 controller. Going from portal to portal like that requires WAY too much precision if you wanna do it more than once.

Personaly, FPSes shouldn’t be on a console. Playing them with a controler feels /horrible/.

Halo’s a lot of fun to play with my gf, really. Its more convenient than having to buy 2 of every game I wanna play with her. But yeah, it takes practice.

How touchy are the controls for portal on the 360? So long as the joystick is set to be nice and fast, as compared to something where its hella slow (halo) i don’t think the game would be that much different.

also: poor eli ;___;

Portal was very, very easy to play on a 360. Case in point: I switch my sticks (on any FPS that allows you to) so that the left stick is Move-Turn while the right stick is Move-Strafe. Portal doesn’t allow you to do that, AND I’m terrible at FPS in general, and I was able to finish Portal just fine.

(EPISODE 2 SPOILERS DON’T CLICK THIS IMAGE)
http://dongdad.com/~sniper/orangebox/ep2_outland_12a0001.jpg

<3 the gnome

And now I’m imagining GLaDOS’s voice when I see ordinary computer messages. “Con-nec-ting to the wi-re-less net-work …”

BEST REVIEW EVER.

How can I download this?

Damn right, if I haven’t read Sin’s BEST REVIEW EVER I wouldn’t have clicked this.

So…
BEST REVIEW EVER. Go up and clicka dammit Perhaps not ever but who cares?I’m going to find other reviews by this guy.