Oh fucking hell.

Bush is coming to town. My town. This Tuesday.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060308/NEWS01/603080343/1032/LIVING

It won’t be officially confirmed until tomorrow, but it seems likely.

Now, normally, I really wouldn’t give a damn if he was in the area, but there’s a problem: He’s going to visit the High School, and maybe the Veterans Affairs Hospital in town. I live smack dab in between them.

I’m not going to be able to leave the house at ALL on Tuesday. Fuck.

Look on the bright side at least you don’t have to listen to him when he makes his speech.

Man, it really does suck when the President comes to visit. It screws up the whole rotation. … and you think rush hour’s bad normally? :wink:

I feel for you - he’s come to visit my area a couple of times.

Now’s your chance. You know what you must do.

cait sith: You’re right, I won’t have to lsiten to him. But since the Academy is only a street away from me, I’ll probably hear everything else. God, this’ll be worse than Civil War Week, which always takes place across the street from us. And they have cannons.

Drop bear: You mean, stock up on munchies the day before and spend the entire day watching really bad Anime with my sister? If so, then yes. yes, I do know.

Sorry, but what the fuck? You realize how ridiculous you sound, right? Are you still afraid of cooties, too?

Hades, he’s talking about the traffic, dude.

That’s even worse than I assumed -_-;;;

Have you ever been in a city near a Presidential visit? It’s right up there with flooding and meteor crashes in the list of things that screw up your routine.

You shouldn’t stick to a routine. Much easier for THE MAN to plan an assassination if THE MAN knows where you’re going to be.

Yeah, but THE MAN has my doorstep jammed with photographers asking for permission to climb my roof, so I can’t do shit even if I wanted to. THE MAN was also the reason I got late to school and missed a final exam. You try explaining “The President made me arrive late” to a teacher.

I’m always glad I’m in liberal CT where he can’t get me. Val, see if you can toss him a bag of pretzels while he’s giving his speech.

I live in the (more) liberal part of Texas, Bush’s “home state” (even though he’s actually from Connecticut). Thus, he hates my part of the state, and never comes here. He stays south of here, <I>far</I> south. If he does come to the metroplex, he goes to Ft. Worth, instead. I assume he feels the hate rays from the college towns that surround Dallas.

Could be worse, Val.

You could live in New York… wait.

When I was in lower school, Bush I visited Marietta. His big ol’ caravan drove past my school on a rather major road. So, while I wasn’t affected by traffic because I was already in school (and watched him drive past during recess), I remember that there were a shitload of cars all in one pack. So, even for just driving down a road, there was alot of traffic disruptions for that to clear out the road.

So, Hades, the traffic is a major thing, especially since he’ll actually stop and visit two places VE is in between (and I assume a short distance in between). Just driving causes quite a bit of traffic problems. Stopping and walking around causes even more with temporary blockades set up and everything.

Either one is no more than a mile away from my house, if that. Just thought I’d clarify.

I’ll be in one of those cars.

Okay, it’s confirmed, he’s coming here. Now, for the million-dollar question:

WHY the fuck is Bush coming here? I mean, this is Western New York. NOBODY cares about us! besides, he was already in the area last year, when he visited Greece. So… yeah, I don’t get what the hell is he coming here for.

Most likely because he wants to reveal is undying passion for you!

Dude, I’ll be driving by your house. PM me your address