Official RPGC Party Status Report Thread!

Party? Where? What? When? Why? Who? How?

I am so jealous of all of you right now.

Same dude, same. Its more like RPGCelebrities. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun with the rest of your trip! :cool:

Just wondering, do you guys call each other by your screen names in person or your real names? Or screen name acronyms?

Ok. Time for Spaz:

The first cool memory was at Dtetroit International. The fountain between the terminals is like, so fucking cool. IT squirts water into the center, an dyou can see it like little worms of water leaping from holes to the pool. I dropped a couple of quarters there.

Then flying. My first flight… man taking off was AWESOME. I don’t see why so many people have trouble with flying. It’s like, so fucking cool. The seats were a bit small, and “dinnder” amounted to a sandwich, “Atkins wafers” and baby carrots. Still I loved it.

So I go and land. I’m going to pick up my stuff, and I’m worried that I wont’ find them, when I hit my carousel. BAM. Welcome Party: Maz, Nessa, Jo, and Zepp. I glomp NEssa nice and good, and then pick up my bag after NEssa gives me the spare kitty band she had (I LOVE that think, THANK YOU NESSA! gives Nessa lots of hugs and kisses) However, I missed DT! Sniff DT, I’ll expect to see you soon…

So we go back to Frame’s. Man that place is fucking huge. We maybe had 18 people at our peak. And we’re all fairly comfortable, ifcrowded. Sheez. The place is just huge. Compared to my dinky place, anyways.

Everyone’s like, there. Jing, (Pictures are deceptive. Jing is lovely. Sexy even). Charlie, SG, Trill, just… Heh. I’m kinda on brain overload, and my ears haven’t popped yet (Have a cold, so… Oh well) I’ll get some rest before I try to recall most of it.

And yes, greet me on a soft surface. I do pounce. Without warning. I think I instilled a p[roper dose of kitty fear into everyone.

Sorry for the double post: But a little from column A, an little form column B

I will, in all liklihood, try and make the next one.

I liked playing capture the flag Sat. night. Even if I did scrape up my knee and hand. I tell you CV park gets really slippery after dark.

For my part, I tried to call everybody by their real names, but in the case of Infonick and Jo the Mighty, I usually ended up calling them Nick and Joe, cause their online names sounded too much like real names. Also Charlemagne, cause he didn’t want anybody to call him anything else.

And yeah, Jo, dude, that short round of commando was so intense, lol, after capture the flag, me sneaking up on you hiding there and both of us just staring at the other, daring the other to run :stuck_out_tongue: That was frickin, IT, man. :stuck_out_tongue: And afterwards the hot tub, it was made like 100x as relaxing after all that excitement, hoo man…

CTF fucking ROCKED the cocks. I always daydreamed about stealth and sneaking and shit. I never played CTF before, it was like a dream come true :open_mouth: I LOVED it. :smiley:

Oh, and Zero, I don’t remember the old Mega Man games being this hard. Seriously, MMZ2 is the hardest game I’ve ever played.

Requisite post incoming.

Yes, I went to the party. It was generally unannounced, for a couple reasons. It was both a last minute decision and not…I got the tickets standby from my cousin in Minneapolis who works for united a few weeks ago, but I just sort of forgot about it, and figured I wasn’t going to go. But I was getting horribly bored, and about 36 hours before the party started I cemented my decision. Thankfully, even after flying on three planes and going through four airports to get there, I don’t regret it. It was a blast, I love meeting new people and leaving a lasting impression on them, and though we really didn’t do a single thing I still enjoyed myself. Best of all, I spent less than 100 dollars on the entire trip. Here are my highlights:

1. Puking many many times the second morning.

2. HOW CAN I LOSE WITH ALL THESE CARDS?!?!?!?!

3. Go with Jo. Exceptionally close game (unlike our chess game, in which I got my ass kicked)

4. Numerous hacky sack adventures, filled with many funny conversations “Liter is french for gimme some fucking cola!” And yes I suck, but I’ve never played ever, and at least I tried unlike some people cough984cough But like anything else, when I suck at something, I can still entertain.

5. In n’ Out Burger. It lived up to all my big lebowski expectations.

6. Garlic Coffee. Okay no, that was just plain nasty. But I did drink about 8 cups of the stuff within the first hour of arriving (gee wonder why I got sick?)

7. Capture the Flag. Would have been better with more people, but it was definitely the highlight of our outside adventures, of which there were few.

8. Jesus. Yes, that is now the name of my wang.

9. The car ride there. Oh how I pissed some people off. At the least, SG, DT, Frame, and Maz can attest to the fact that I’m just as crazy, if not more, in real life as I am on the internet. I could tell you the stories…but I’ll leave the honors to SG if he wants to vent his rage.

10. First night, 2-5AM. Wouldn’t you like to know?

And for all the people I met…

Frame - Thanks for letting us use your house. I collected two garbage bags full of trash this morning to do my duty to your house, but I know it was still a mess when I left. But you were a good conversationalist, very cool guy. Let me know if you’re in chicago, I’ll show you the place to get the BEST deep dish.

SG - You’re the only person I’ve met louder than me, I think. You’re also ridiculously arrogant, and that’s why I love you. And a ladies man. If I wasn’t busy pissing you off or trying to kill you in the car, I probably would have congratulated you.

Maz - Once you left, there was no one to laugh at my idiocy, so I just sort of cooled down (and I think everybody else was all the happier for it). But yeah, you definitely added an element of lightness and intelligence to the meet, and I’m sure we all missed your ambience. Hope to meet you again some time, and we can go and get lunch like we were supposed to.

CH - Surprisingly I didn’t talk to you much, but I guess you had some issues of your own to deal with. Don’t really know what else to say.

Jo - Awesome guy. Drove me to the hospital, the airport…filled me in on some cool information about LA so I didn’t feel so completely out of touch. That game of Go we played really makes me want to get back into it. I never knew you at all before the meet, but it was definitely very cool meeting you.

Charle - Oh man you are a total riot. I was glad to see you are almost exactly like you are on the 'net. And you’re just SO cute when you’re cuddling up with jing. Okay…I did not just say that, did I? Sometimes I can’t help myself. But yeah, you were totally crazy, and I loved it. And you laughed at my jokes, so I have to give you props. Or something.

Kraken - You are absolutely a walking encyclopedia. It might have annoyed CH, but I was vastly entertained by your never-ending knowledge of stuff I had absolutely NO IDEA about. And no, I’m not being sarcastic. You were a nice guy…I didn’t know you before the meet but it was definitely cool.

Kero - Didn’t get to see you much, but I love your seemingly-endless shit-eating grin. Wish I coulda gotten drunk with ya (apparently we’re the two addicts?), but alas, time constraints and an upset stomach. I would have liked an opportunity to talk to you more…but I suppose there might always be another chance in the future.

Spaz - Good lord man you almost killed me half a dozen times with your tackle hugs. But hey…that’s just part of who you are, and I always like to see that people actually do reflect their online personas. I’m still trying to figure out why I scared you the first time you saw me…because I honestly didn’t do a damn thing. I guess I just exhude an aura. Enjoy Eternal Darkness, that’s one crazy looking game.

Kaiser - I was hoping you might bring your sister along…yes I know she doesn’t actually exist, but still…it’s a tradition. I didn’t get to talk to you much, but you still made me laugh a lot for some strange reason.

Infonick - I really regret being an ass to you before coming now. I don’t ever remember thinking that way about you…it’s just sometimes I get in the mood to be an ass to someone, and your thread happened to be the one i chose. but even at the time, it was honestly nothing ultra personal. You’ve been around here many years, and I’ve never held anything against you…it was just a random outburst. But you turned out to be really cool, and the run we did was awesome, even if it might have dehydrated me even more. I’m sorry you couldn’t stay longer to the party…but hopefully there’s no hard feelings. I’m just a joker and I have a hard time taking things seriously.

The Girls ™ - Yeah…I think I got the general impression that I was just a real ass, but that’s generally how I tend to be around females, and I don’t really mean anything personal by it. I just give off asshole vibes. But I actually enjoyed meeting you all. Trillian is an amazing artist, and she might not have noticed, but I kept sneaking a peek at what she was drawing when I would make stops in the kitchen. I also vaguely remember you came in to check on me when I was sick, and I appreciate that. And Walhalla, I think you were the only other person besides me who played almost NO games at the meet. But you’re also very quiet, and I didn’t really know you, and I’m not much of a conversation starter. But you’re quebecois like me (at least I am by blood…), and I love the accent, and I’m glad you got in on our hacky sack games. And Jing and Nessa, I didn’t really get to talk to either of you for varying reasons, but sorry if I came off as completely obnoxious (with SG and I combined, I think Jing got an overdose of loud, obnoxious American males). I can be level headed when I try…or when I’m sick. But it was still cool meeting both of you. Gotta love the swedish accent.

Dragon_Tear - if I had any lingering doubts in my mind about whether I should have gone to the meet or not (and I don’t, it was a blast), you definitely made the trip worthwhile for me…even if I only saw you for a total of a few hours. But we’ve always been able to hold good conversations…and I’m glad to see we could keep the tradition alive. I’m sorry I had to get sick on your last day there…but you know what happened happened. I’m glad I got back from the hospital before you left…so you could cover my arm and face in red marker. grumble…but it washed off very easily. much easier than the other mark you gave me…which I still sort of have (and wear proudly). But yeah, I’m glad we were able to talk so openly. It was a refreshing experience, as I normally tend to maintain an omnipresent shroud of mystery around myself. You’re probably one of two people on this planet now who could write a decent obituary for me. Feel proud.

And that’s that. I’m almost positive I forgot some people…but I’ll fill them in tomorrow. I have work in 5 hours and I don’t know why I’m not sleeping yet. It was fun guys…strangely enough I hope to make it again next year.

I will say this again, beacause it bears repeating; I SOOOOO wish I could have been there. :slight_smile:

Me too.

I third that.

I hate you all.

Oh well, At least Rud is going to come over for a RPGCAusmeet in Nov :stuck_out_tongue:

Its just a pity that there are only two of us :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck y’all, nobody mentioned me ;_; xept zepp. Thanks zepp. I knew I could count on you. But 8 cups of garlic coffee!? Damn, that must be like tomacco. Disgusting but addictive.

kero, pity I couldn’t see you… you sounded really really nice on the phone. Did frame give you your present? if not, bug him. The signs on the stamp is your name in chinese, by the way. Ji si. Kinda. I’ll tell you later what it means. >_>

So guys, whats your program for the next days? And how are those old man canes doing? :smiley: I really regret not being there… seriously. I was sitting there on my grandmas birthday all the time listening to who died during the past week and that mrs. Rebenstein got a new toilet, one of those really modern ones and kept thinking “I could be in LA right now, I could be in LA right now, I could be…”

Fuck that, I’m bored to death here. I really miss you guys ;.; sigh.

But my dad saw me pouting all the time and was all like “awww, maybe next year…” So Y’all better start saving already! :smiley: You wont get rid of me this easily!!

1. Zepp you forgot 984 :stuck_out_tongue:

2. Just to make the most basic of posts (I wanna wait til I’m totally done to make my post, so it’ll be til like Thursday), I’ll just say that on the first night, after driving back Zepp from the airport, I was like “Goddamnit Zepp’s such a fucking dickass cockmo smuggling gonna-punch-in-the-FACE”, something about him almost CRASHING THE CAR, and turning the windshield wipers on at the same time just pushed my buttons. :stuck_out_tongue: But, of course, I was just tired. I woke up the next day and he was cool, just how I expected he would act normally. :stuck_out_tongue: He swears he’s always rowdy like that, but I somehow doubt he’s THAT rowdy. :stuck_out_tongue: Leave it to him to tell you about the Car trip back from the airport. :stuck_out_tongue:

I WAS wondering about the canes. Oh well. Maybe i’ll get you next year. Maybe.

man those canes just rock. :dancer: I absolutely love them.

Lol, now whenever I read people’s posts who were there, I imagine the person saying it, with all their accents and gestures and stuff, it’s cool. Like DT with her slightly imperious, smooth-as-silk german tinge, all “man, those canes just Rock,” like…you had to be there in order to dig what I’m saying but, it’s just fun to do. Oh, speaking of DT, she was almost as good as me at the ball-in-cup game, but Not Quite.

Though Jing with her closed-lipped, still joyful smile, like her laugh is coming out in radiance instead of sound, saying “Lah-vel-y” has to be one of the single awesomest personal gesture/actions I’ve ever seen. Mad points to you for that.