Objectivity

Sin’s got me thinking now, goddammit. Isn’t any argument that free will exists fallacious? To say you could have acted differently at a specific point in time is to argue by false hypothesis, it seems. Or maybe it’s a circular argument and I’m misinterpreting it. Help from the 1337 7hinkz0r, anyone?

Even if you could prove that there is a parallel reality where you chose another option in a particular dilemma, that wouldn’t prove your case either: it could just be that, like some claim, the collapse of a probability function (I think that’s what it’s called) fragments the universe into several realities, encompassing all possible outcomes. You’d have to show a parallel reality where a different outcome happened, but was otherwise identical up to the decision, and then show that some other outcome, while possible, never happened in any such parallel universe.

I suppose in the end free will is really an article of faith.

You’re biased, damnit! And I can prove it!

Well, a perception about decision. You know what I mean. I think I declared often enough now that there’s nothing such as free will, dammit :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. Wee, paradox!

Prove it (as long as it doesn’t involve horse cock).

you just defeated yourself since having taken a crap, he would be around, thus by your seeming reasoning, it would have to stink.

so if noone sees it is it there?:moogle:
:booster:

then at least one person would still know it was there, since he’s the guy that crapped it out. and it would still have to cuz in accordance with the knowledge that the turd is there is the knowledge of the characteristics of it. so it would still have to as the guy could choose to turn around and see it anyways.