:o

http://www.the-magicbox.com/Jan04/game010904d.shtml

Yeah, uh, they even released the English trailer a couple of days ago. Pretty coolies. Better yet, it’s believe at this point that SuikoIV is a prequel taking place 15 or 150 years before SuikoI.

I want Neo-Contra!

i hope pesmerga is gonna be in it…

… I’m gonna need to catch up on the Suikoden series. … Uh, after I get done with Lunar.

Originally posted by Fenril_Knight
i hope pesmerga is gonna be in it…
It might, it looks like it has Jeane in it from the screenies so there will probably be some old favourites too.
I want sexy Flik!

And it HAS to have Viki in it. And she will be the exact same age as in all the other games.

Viki’s confirmed. Jeane’s confirmed (playable character in what looks like the Pretty Girl combo attack). Some Meg/Belle like character is confirmed too. Then there’s the general oddities like catpeople (no, not catgirls. Catpeople. As in actual full cats wearing vests), a merwoman, some guy that appears to be an elf, pirates, etc.

Is that some kinda Suikoden in-joke. (EDIT: about Viki being unaging)

And why the hell do I never see any of these? We never got 3 and we’ll probably never get this either. All we can buy is 2 for PC…

Im kind of disapointed with the screen shots. They have the anime type faces, yet they try to make it look a little to real. Hopefully it will still be a good game.

Im looking foward to this game already finished the other three and loved them.

Ah yes, this is old old old news. As mentioned before Viki and Jeanne are confirmed and Pesmerga is probably likely to show up, as Yuber only appeared in 3.

The only way Viki can show up is using her powers because it takes place so far back in time (and we all know what she’s like). Sierra and Joshua would be likely candidates to show up since they’re so old (even the Neclord, though I doubt they’d drag Sierra and Neclord’s story out further since there was already a Suikoden game on them). I’d love to see them actually, though it’s unlikely.

Flik or any of those guys can’t show up either because it’s not logical…they need an all new cast of characters with a few returning favorites.

S4, also is in a more sea-orientated world, so a lot of battles will take place in the water.

Yes Im stating all the obvious, because I havent read the article, I heard all of this buzz buzz months ago.

While the game looks nice, I’m not too sure how the soundtrack will fare. The composer is Masahiko Kimura, who worked on the craptacular Castlevania 64 and the sub-par Suikoden III with two other composers. Now he’s on it solo O_o I’m scared… Since Miki Higashino’s departure from Konami(She did Suikoden 1 & 2), the music has been going downhill in quality. Suiko 3 was quantity over quality, because they has 2 inexperienced composers(Kimura and another) and the highly talented Michiru Yamane. Not even Yamane(SOTN, LoI) could save the soundtrack, although her pieces were the best of the bunch.

So yeah… wait & see, I guess -_-;;

That’s quite a shame. I thoroughly enjoyed a few tracks from Suikoden II especially, and they more than made up for the ones I didn’t like. For me the music sells the game.

Rats, and I haven’t played SuikoIII yet. I can’t find the guide. I guess I’ll have to depend on online-shrines then.

How good was 3? I never liked the publicity shots I saw (gimme old-style graphics over 3D ones anyday- unless they’re FFX-quality) and I heard the story isn’t as good as 1 and 2.

And I don’t care about the music- love it or hate it, I always seem to forget a game’s music as soon as I’m done playing. Only those that stand out as REALLY good or bad stick in my memory.

The graphics leave much to be desired, the PS2 is better than this.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
Rats, and I haven’t played SuikoIII yet. I can’t find the guide.

There is no guide Wil. Bradygames was going to make it but it got cancelled. I rely on good ol’ gamefaqs.com

How good was 3? I never liked the publicity shots I saw (gimme old-style graphics over 3D ones anyday- unless they’re FFX-quality) and I heard the story isn’t as good as 1 and 2.

Suikoden 3, was good but I still liked 2 better. A little spoiler: the ending sucked . It’s definitely worth it though because it ties up some story fromt the other games.

Yes, Viki’s teleport magic is somewhat stable. In that you’re likely to get to where you want to be, and it’ll be in the same general time period. :wink:

[appears in a burst of magic, looking like she just sneezed]

I’ve been looking for Suikodens for quite some time, but I have yet to find them. They should rerelease some of them.