Now there's a young model for you.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
This kinda shit got Jon Benet Ramsey killed, remember…
That’s what I was thinking when I read that too.

She needs to lose some weight. Modeling isn’t for fatties.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
As long as it makes money, people will do it. I don’t really have any objections to it, but I think it’s dumb. Adult modeling is for adults, not children. Children shouldn’t even have to worry about getting money and all that bull shit anyways… they should be having fun.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster Children shouldn’t even have to worry about getting money and all that bullshit anyways: They should be having fun.

Children should be allowed to live happy lives. Unfortuneately, people earn money on them living unhappy lives: We all see the result.

And advertisement agencies keep saying they don’t target children?

That is just plain disturbing, I can’t believe that her parents are doing that to this poor little girl. Those money-grubbing pigs!

Man, she’s gonna be so fucked up when she’s older.

Why did her parents want her to pose as an adult? She should have a say in this. Everyone has free will to think and act the way they want to.

She looks like a zombie.

Originally posted by JFGemini107
Why did her parents want her to pose as an adult? She should have a say in this. Everyone has free will to think and act the way they want to.

She’s only 8 years old, probably doesn’t know any better. And it said she has been modelling since she was 6, so I assume she enjoys it.

You do have a point, Children depend on their parents during their childhood, and as they get older, they know better.

Originally posted by JFGemini107
You do have a point, Children depend on their parents during their childhood, and as they get older, they know better.

No, very often they don’t. I know too many people that, growing up, their twisted parents didn’t support them or did things to them that left permanent scars. When they go through childhood believing that a certain thing is right, chances are, they’ll grow up with the same beliefs, self morale, immaturity, etc. It’s very hard to steer clear of what your parents made you do when you are younger (in some cases I guess). A particular girl I know is almost 17 and she gets into the same trouble she got into more than 5 years ago. She just doesn’t learn and can’t seem to grow up. Maybe that’s what this modelling kid’ll be like.

There are just so many things wrong there. I’ve always believed that modeling and fashion were nutsy, and this serves only to reafirm that belief. “Heroin-chic”? good grief, I guess they want kids to get hooked on something harder than booze and cigarettes. All and all it’s just a further testament to the evils of capitalism.

Why do people go on about the “evils of capitalism”? Capitalism isn’t inherently evil. But some people…

Originally posted by StarStorm
Why do people go on about the “evils of capitalism”? Capitalism isn’t inherently evil. But some people…

All systems can and will be used for good and for evil. This goes from every economic system from Feudalism to the “Gift Economy” of Anarchists. There is no perfectly good or evil system.

Or maybe they are all evil. rolls eyes

Heh an old argument. Are people inherently good, or inherently evil?

Wow, she is gunna be one scared kid…

Originally posted by StarStorm
Heh an old argument. Are people inherently good, or inherently evil?

I would think that mankind is at first natuarlly evil, then we learn to be good through life’s experiences. What the model’s facing is very scary.

The truth is unknown and I’m basing this only on my own opinion.

I dont see how people think she’s attractive, with all that eyeliner, she looks absolutly terrible.

What makes me angry is her mother’s “If some people think of her that way, I have no control over it.” That’s the biggest bullshit I’ve ever heard. That’s like… that’s like… ok I can’t think of anything to compare it to right now, but it’s TOTALLY irresponsible. She knows that her daughter is going to be marketed for sex appeal.

And JF, I think you’ve got it wrong. Humans are inherently good, and learn evil from their surroundings.

Whether humankind is good or evil is based on your own opinion, there hasn’t been a fact that I know of yet.