Now that I've played Wind Waker...

I thought it was actually a pretty good game, and very cool looking.

I ended with all four bottles, all fairy powerups, double magic, and fourteen hearts.

Now, what I thought was cool:

1. The ship was a pretty cool concept, and fun to goof around with. Annoying to travel, yes, but still fun in a wierd way.

2. The Wind Waker was fun to screw around with too.

3. The scene near the end when Ganondorf punched Link out. I mean HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That was so badass. Yeah, he’s an adult, Link’s a kid. But Link was the Hero of the Winds and it takes a lot to look cool beating the crud out of a ten year old.

4. The final battle with Ganondorf. I thought it was eaiser compared to his puppets, but still, a swordfight with Ganondorf, with Zelda as backup. That just kicked so much ass.

5. The music. My personal favorites were the Daytime Overworld theme, the boss theme on Tower of the Gods, and the Boss theme of Forsaken Fortress. And they left those bosses out of Ganondorf’s tower! Damn them!

6. The spoils bag. For some reason, I just loved this. I especially loved the Hurricane Spin Link got from the old swordsman… Orca, was it? That was just… whoa. Put a new spin on Link’s abilities (pardon the pun).

7. The new abilities of the Boomerang. Just… multitargeting. Whoa. Fun to play around with, though. And trust me, I did.

8. The boss fights, in my opinion, were very cool. Although the Wind Temple boss drove me nuts. The Earth Temple though… “Eat spike, tubby!”

9. Finally, screwing around with the Command Melody. Of course, at least I wasn’t giving anyone concussions anymore. (Play up to Dragon Roost Cavern and you know what I mean).

Now, what I didn’t like.

1. What they did to Ganondorf. He looks just… freaky. HE’s still cool and all, but… shrugs Just me though.

2. Wayyyy too few dungeons. The only game that had less was Majora’s Mask (And that was disappointing in that game too, though I still loved it). Could have done with two more.

3. What they did to the Kokiri. I’m highly suspecting that the Koroks are the decendants of the Kokiri. From cool ageless children to… sandbags with leaf faces?

4. I miss the Zora. Gorons are around but you have to look around for them. MAybe two or three in the game. But only one Zora.

5. For some reason, running around after the Triforce charts and shards bored me.

6. The ending was just way too short. Very nice, and in a way, depressing, but they could have made it longer…

That’s all I can think of offhand. I had to let it go on monday, only borrowed it for like a week. I wasn’t disappointed. I still don’t have OoT Master Quest, but this made me happy.

::Hearing about WindWaker Bing starts to cry::

I WAAAAAAAAAANT IT!!! ::doh::

…and Master Quest. I’ll probably get them soon on eBay…first, I need a job.

I need to finish the game. I’m at the triforce hunting part. Urgh.

That can be a pain. Not much to do there. Unless you count all the ships that won’t leave you alone.

Originally posted by StarStorm
4) I miss the Zora. Gorons are around but you have to look around for them. Maybe two or three in the game. But only one Zora.

It is commonly believed that the zora evolved into those weird bird things. Check out how they look and their royal emblem.

I enjoyed it all apart from the damn ocean. >_<

Originally posted by Tenchimaru Draconis
It is commonly believed that the zora evolved into those weird bird things. Check out how they look and their royal emblem.

Yeah I know. Add to that thatMedli is a blood descendant of the Zora Sage, Laruto…

That change isn’t as bad. It’s just that the way the Kokiri changed was… sighs No. I didn’t like that.

The ocean wasn’t THAT bad to be honest. I think something that large would have been insane to do on land…

the boomerang multitargeting was a great feature especially. A very good game, rarely has the Zelda series disappointed.

Yeah I know. I screwed around a lot with it, outside of the mandatory boss fights. Targeting the posts in the second visit to the Forsaken Fortress (the ones with the barbed wire).

IT took me a while to figure out how to finish that are until I remembered I had the fugging leaf.