Now here's an "interesting" article.

http://www.techtv.com/secretstrangeandtrue/story/0,24330,3486241,00.html

I just don’t know WHAT to think about this.

On a related note:

Thats… new.

‘Interesting’ seems to be the right word for this… I think.

Neat.
One more way to turn people to the darkness!

It is a good thing I never trusted religion, in the first place.

Or maybe they had a religious revelation not because they are insane or a fucking defect- but because they actually saw something. Christ -_-.

… Y’know, there’s REALLY nothing I can say about this.

Weren’t you Catholic?

Well, the comic’s first panel is completely wrong in its interpretation of the article. Religious experiences are <b>not</b> caused by frontal lobe epilepsy, but related to <i>activity</i> in the frontal lobe. People with frontal lobe epilepsy simply have a higher rate of activity in the frontal lobes, which may or may not be directly connected. Religious experiences may be connected with the brain’s frontal lobe, but one could very well argue that the frontal lobe is there in order to communicate with God. The article itself is nothing new.

Well, considering that there is a strong link between the spirit and the body (as per my own beliefs anyway), it seems reasonable. I know that the enlightened feeling you get from deep meditation owes a great deal of its effectiveness to the physical reactions in your body and chemical activity in the brain.

Doesn’t seem sacriligeous to me, though it’s hard to accept this theory at face value when the article is so short and doesn’t talk about any of the evidence for it.

what is it with scientist and trying to prove religions wronge? :moogle: i mean what good can come from it?

I wonder if this has to do with the plates in their heads from being dropped too much when they were little.

Sweet, now all I have to do is cut out the front half of my family’s brains and I won’t have to go to Church anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see anything new about this, I mean, like Cless said, diffrent parts of the brain may have evolved to do diffrent/seediffrent things.

It is easy to tell what something does, cause and effect. It is difficult to see why it does it.

:kissy: