NOTICE: Double Post Hack

From now on, if you were the last person to post in a thread, and within the next twenty minutes of your last post you post again, then the text of your second post will be added to the earlier post, with a line break separating them. For example, if your first post was:

<b>Merlin r teh devol</b>

and then you posted again within 20 minutes saying:

<b>his posts don’t even anger Sparkles</b>

then the new post would look like:

<b>Merlin r teh devol

his posts don’t even anger Sparkles</b>

That’s all.

Testing

I’m gunna test it too.

Oh boy! An error!

Oh no you’re not…son of a…stabs GM in an effort to foil his testing in vengenace

Sucker =P

Why, gods, why do you hate me?

One last try!

Woo, got it this time.

I’ll try a test on another thread so X can get this one.

Gah, this “hack” is causing glitches up the wazoo for me

don’t test it here please.

…okay…

Granted, it’s a nice addition, but…

What happens if you go over the character limit in your first post and are forced to post two times in a row?

Seriously, every post I make, I end up with the message “RPGClassics Agora database error. Please refresh.” Instead of the usual “Post completed, returning to the thread.” screen.

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the The RPGClassics Agora database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

And then when I refresh, I get an “invalid thread” error, and finally, the main forum refuses to update for me. Joy.

Well, you’re just weird like that. Although I’ve gotten it, too.

good question, but if you’re writing that much text then it should take you at least 20 minutes. Or maybe it’ll break the max-text limit, which is fine when it’s by accident (and I don’t want to see ANYONE testing that or I’ll move for a 48 hour tampering ban).

I also keep getting it…Merlin’s probably not done messing with the forums though.

hears an explosion off in the distance

Now he is.

yeah I’m getting that problem too. Must be the hack, I removed it for now. Will update this when problem is solved.

edit: Got it working, stupid me, deleted a line of code I didn’t need to. Everything should be fine, please don’t test it out because it’ll just result in making this thread more of a mess, just post comments and/or questions here instead of testing it. Test it in Babel or something, it’s a cess pool anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I take offense to that, Merl. I always make sure we get the septic tank pumped each week!

Babel has a septic tank? 0_o

Babel IS a septic tank.

Yeah, and you’d be amazed about all the baby alligators in there!