No more TOD2 for me...

Okay, it all started a few hours ago. After finally finishing Deus Ex for the millionth time, I decided to play TOD2 in hopes of finishing it. When I popped it into my PS2, I got the dreaded “Disc Read Error”. I put another game in, and it worked fine, so it had to be the disc.

I examined the back, and found it was pretty dusty (since the TOD2 box is complete crap), so I cleaned it up and put it back in. “Disc Read Error”. I took it back out, examined it again, and found what the dust had concealed; the back had some scrathes. Fortunately, they didn’t look too bad, so I decided to use my scratch repair thingy to fix them.

I put the disc back in. “Disc Read Error”. I took it back out and gave another thorough look at it…and found that the stupid scratch remover had made even MORE fucking scratches! After I calmed down enough to stop turning my brother’s room into an actual re-enactment of a shelled-out WW2 building, I left to post here.

Excuse me while I cry. cries

Scratch clearners = bad. They never work. I mean, it’s game data, millions of little grooves. How would grinding the little game data grooves into one huge scratch help in any way? Doesn’t make sense.

did you eve use those things to remove scratches? I wonder if you could sue the sellers for false advertisements.

I’m going to have to find some way of playing it. I can’t stand not being able to beat a game. Is there any good scratch cleaner out there?

Never buy stuff from Radio Shack. Even if you can’t afford anything else, don’t buy stuff from there. You will suffer. Everything they have sucks.

It wasn’t a problem with the game, it was with the PS2. Was your scratch remover a disc doctor? I’ve used mine a few times and it seems to have worked even though it does scratch up the CD even more.

Frame: No, it was a Radio Shack Scratch Remover and Disc Polisher kit. Like I said, I’ve learned my lesson, and will never buy from Radio Shack again.

Radio shag sucks .

I fail to see how scratching the CD further will help to fix it.

Get a video store to repair scratches. My FF9 was horribly damaged beyond belief and they repaired it somehow.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Never buy stuff from Radio Shack. Even if you can’t afford anything else, don’t buy stuff from there. You will suffer. Everything they have sucks.

slowly a-men.

The same thing happened with my Warcraft 3 disc… I happily stuck it in my comp one day, and it didn’t work. Eventually, after much frustration, i borruwed my friends CD cleaner. After I took it out, it didn’t work, I looked at the bottom, and apparently the damn thing had decided to try and drill into my disc or something… at least that’s what it looked like.

I eventually bought another copy of the game, and the original problem was still there, so I found out it was a problem with my comp, not my disc. I feel sorry for myself.

I feel for you, Gallo :frowning:

And that must have been rather frustrating, eh shadow -_-

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
I fail to see how scratching the CD further will help to fix it.
Hope you brought a pillow for this lecture, because you asked for it. =PPPP

The data on a CD is actually underneath the label. The plastic “bottom” on a CD is nothing more than a protective covering, and most the time it does its job well. Sometimes, however, scratches in the surface of the plastic can interfere with the laser that reads the data off the CD. The theory behind CD repair systems is that if you remove part of the plastic coating, you’ll end back up with a flat surface and the laser will not be inhibited. At no point in the process is the part of the CD that holds the data affected, so if the CD repair kit does its job, you should end up with a nearly good as new CD. The End.

Dude, it’s problably the laser of your PS2…

That’s what happened to me & Kingdom Hearts, so I wen’t & bought a lazer cleaner…

On another note, my Playstation fell apart, but I fixzed it with tape, glues, & super mega glue…then to make the system read the disks, I put my old Legend of Mana game disk (It’s so scratchedup, mainly cuz I had a stupid idea many years ago that acid was GOOD for the game, but my brother already had destroyed the game with a knife) on top of the game & play, & it works even better than ever.

& didn’t you know? Radio Shack is Bill Gates’ special secret service, they’ll take a bullet for him. They must die, oh <b><i>YES</i></b>, they will die.

Originally posted by Green Mage
[b]Hope you brought a pillow for this lecture, because you asked for it. =PPPP

The data on a CD is actually underneath the label. The plastic “bottom” on a CD is nothing more than a protective covering, and most the time it does its job well. Sometimes, however, scratches in the surface of the plastic can interfere with the laser that reads the data off the CD. The theory behind CD repair systems is that if you remove part of the plastic coating, you’ll end back up with a flat surface and the laser will not be inhibited. At no point in the process is the part of the CD that holds the data affected, so if the CD repair kit does its job, you should end up with a nearly good as new CD. The End. [/b]

So the thicker the CD the more durable it is :stuck_out_tongue: