Nintendo Revolution?

You better start Believing! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Its cuts in the middle…

Before you ask, yes, its a fake. But goddamn, a well done one.

Ahaha, That was funky. :stuck_out_tongue:

As much as their “system” looks goofy, and Mario looks goofy, that part where it shows the millions of castles kind of made me remember how cool it was waiting for the current generation of consoles.

That “PLAY GAMES | MAKES GAMES” section is intriguing, though. That’d certainly be a revolution in game consoles. I’m not a fan of the headset/virtual reality crap, though.

Might be a headset style thing though, seeing as Nintendo just renewed their patent for stereoscopic 3D in a videogame. But who the hell knows.

That would’ve been pretty intriguing if there hadn’t been that leak earlier this week that said “the revolution will be as sleek as 3 DVD cases.” Otherwise, that would’ve been pretty believable.

Unrealistic.

VERY unrealistic.I dont buy that "play games makes games"bit

Surround sound headphones.

That would be so awesome, but the only problem i would have, i might walk into a wall or somthing.

That music playing was from The Rundown if I remember correctly.

That’s cool, but as of this April, Sony owns your brainwaves.

I just thought the music was friggin sweet.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I have the MP3 of the entire musical score from that video. Ripped it myself with a nifty tool I found on download.com.

Want the music? I can share it.

But it is coming to us soon.

IMAGINE movies and computer games in which you get to smell, taste and perhaps even feel things. That’s the tantalising prospect raised by a patent on a device for transmitting sensory data directly into the human brain - granted to none other than the entertainment giant Sony.
I would test this on Bonobos first :wink:

Smell, taste and feel as well as see, huh? I can only imagine what kind of advances will be made in Survival Horror with this.

Well, okay, maybe not <i>advances</i>. If implemented this kind of thing will be little more than a gimmick for a while, perhaps a long while, until art directors start getting their heads fully wrapped around the concepts involved. As cool an idea as this is, it opens as many avenues for bad game design as for good.

Possibilities abound for FPS/RTS games. Especially RTS, I think. Threre’s not much immersion in being a floating hand, but were you able to actually touch the battlefield and smell the burning flesh, etc., I think the experience would be quite subtly and imaginatively enhanced without overwhelming the player, which is the real danger with direct sensory input.

It just hit me. Maybe now they can make a Macross game that really does justice to the anime. Heh.

Welcome to Silent Hill!

Silent Hill a quiet little lakeside resort town. We’re happy to have you. Take some time out of your busy schedules and enjoy a nice restful vacation here.
Row after row of quaint old houses, a gorgeous mountain landscape, and a lake which shows different sides of it’s beauty with the passing of the day, from sunrise to late afternoons to sunset.
Silent Hill will move you and and fill you with deep peace. I hope your time here will be pleasent and your memories will last forever.

Editor: Roger Widmark

Trill.
That’s just… awesome :slight_smile:

That was ridiculous.

But it is coming to us soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, you guys enjoy that, then. That’s when I give up.

Videogaming was better before.

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Weeeeee!

Haw, I liked how the disc was inserted straight down into the top of the headset.