New series coming to Cartoon Network (including some Animes)

In my mind, Gundam 0079 is the best. I was short on money when I went on a mini-buying spree, though, and so I got the three movies. And they’re good. :smiley:

Just about the only Gundam series other than maybe 08th MS Team that I can get Kagon to admit they’re good.

Yeah, that’s true >_>. Well, Gundam Wing was pretty good from what I saw, and I haven’t seen it all yet so shrugs. I just like different stuff than most people =P

Oh, sorry about the late reply, I completly forgot about this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally, Char’s Counterattack was intended to be the last Gundam, period. But in general it wraps up the “original” in the sense that all the loose ends are tied, which isn’t really true because there’s a LOT they could’ve added into CCA had they made it into a 10 episode OVA, in my opinion of course. I mean, where was Sayla during all of this? I haven’t finished watching Z Gundam yet, so I haven’t seen any of ZZ yet. But Z so far has been incredibly good.

The serieses they made after CCA in the Universal Century (F91, V Gundam) take place in roughly UC125 and 153 respectively (I don’t remember exactly when), I’ve yet to see these myself. I’ve read some of the Crossbone Gundam manga which is either a prequel or a sequel to F91, and the story seems very interesting while assuming the reader doesn’t have any previous knowledge of Char, Amuro, Zeon, or any of that, as its not needed to understand the story or the characters. I believe the characters from the original (Amuro, Char, etc) are mentioned as war heroes in both V and F91, but other than that they’re new stories entirely, from what I’ve read anyway.

From what I’ve seen of F91, the animation is simply gorgeous. I’d really like to pick up the fansubbed DVD versions of both in the near future as I’ve grown fond of the Japaneses’ wonderful voice acting compared to the english dubs.

I’m sure there’s more that I could add if I could remember it, but if you look around on the net you should be able to find a lot of information on Gundam. I’d recommend some sites but I’ve forgotten all of the urls for my favorites, in addition to one of the best fansites closing down a couple years back.

I’ll post tomorrow about the timelines. Again, sorry for the delay.

That’s OK, RC, take your time. And yes, I know there’s plenty of Gundam stuff online, I just wanted to know WHERE to begin looking- if possible, I’d like to read the stuff in normal sequence. Thanks for the tips, and any other info you can share is also welcome. :cool:

http://www.gundamwatch.com/_faq/GP_FAQ.shtml

Thats the FAQ from the GundamProject website that got shut down in early 2002, it was considered to be one of the best Gundam sites. That might answer some of your questions.

Animatrix tonight at 11pm till 1am.

Next Saturday:
http://schedule.adultswim.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=AS&theDate=4/22/04&move=1&timeZone=EST

New Inuyasha, along with a new series Wolf’s Rain, and reshowing of flcl.

Wolf’s Rain: Set in a post-apocalyptic future. In this series, wolves are mystical creatures that disguise themselves in human form. One lone wolf named Kiba is tracking a scent that he believes will lead him to paradise. The source of the smell is an unusual creature made of flowers named Cheza. When Cheza is kidnapped, Kiba begins a journey to find her. Cartoon Network has acquired 26 episodes of Wolf’s Rain, which begins Saturday, April 24 at 11:30 p.m.
Later this year :
Case Closed: The detective series Case Closed, which joins Adult Swim in June, is adapted from the popular Japanese weekly manga Detective Conan, which has been published since 1994. Case Closed tells the story of Jimmy Kudo, a famous teenage detective who is poisoned by a mysterious organization. The experiment was supposed to kill him but instead it makes Jimmy grow younger. Trapped inside the body of a 7-year-old, Jimmy takes the name Conan Edogawa and begins to search for the men who did this to him while a friend and family neighbor, Dr. Agasa, invents gadgets for Conan to solve crimes.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Coming to Adult Swim in October, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex presents a world in which female cyborg Major Motoko Kusanagi and her fellow police officers of Section 9 must hunt down criminals in both the real world and online worlds. Set in the not-too-distant future where technology plays a key role in everyday human life, this sci-fi action series combines the latest in full CG animation featuring dramatic themes, compelling characters and meticulous design. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex adds a new vision to one of the most well-regarded animé feature films of all time, 1995’s Ghost in the Shell. Produced by Japan’s acclaimed Production I.G. Studios (Kill Bill, Blood the Last Vampire), the new animé series consists of 26 futuristic half-hour episodes.

Man now i wish i had cable,I really wish i could see Wolf’s Rain,and Ghost in the Shell.