New rpgs

So this question “what game are you looking forward to be released?” was asked in another forum and I answered FF12. And I got to thinking, what else is Square Enix planning on releasing this year? Can anyone give me some good information as to what’s coming out this year? Maybe even next year?

I think Dragon Warrior 8 may be coming out. Also, if it doesn’t get delayed again Wild Arms Alter Code: F is coming out.

Shadow Hearts 3 :open_mouth:

I don’t even know what Dragon Warrior is. Guess I’ll have to find out.

edit: shadow hearts =D

Shining Force Neo. And FF12. Maybe DQ8. I dunno really yet.

Other than those, Grandia III, though I always see it more like a Game Arts RPG… Half the games mentioned so far aren’t even from Squeenix anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: And this thread made me realize that some games I thought weren’t out yet, actually are. I have stuff to get. :open_mouth:

Oh. Oops. I did not even see that Squeenix disclaimer. Damn misleading topic title! >:O

Disregard my above post. Ha ha. >.>

Oh well, I really don’t mind. Of course I’m more familiar with SE, but any RPG suggestions are welcome.

Ys : Ark of Napishtim

Seriously, this is the best Action-RPG I’ve played in a LONG time. Loads of fun ! :smiley:

I’ve checked it out, but it seems to be an rpg that occurs in real time or something. I hate rpgs with battles where I have to run and attack all on my own >> Im just judging from the back cover though.

Hell yeah it is. I can’t wait to pick it up on PSP, just so I have a third platform to play it on. :stuck_out_tongue:

And Squeenix is releasing DQ8 this year. That and Ys: Oath in Felghana (published by Falcom, not Squeenix) are the only games that I’m actually looking forward to at the moment, unless PSUniverse doesn’t end up sucking.

I think me and you may have exact opposite taste in games, btw, as you didn’t like Ys 6 and don’t know what DQ is, where as Ys 6 was my favorite game in years, and DQ is my favorite game series. :stuck_out_tongue:

Romancing SaGa
Grandia 3
Lunar: Dragon Song
Shadow Hearts 3
Radiata Stories (only cos Iwadare is composing the music…:P)

Fallout 3 :O~

Holly shit, why didn’t I know of this!? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back to the topic: FFXII, Grandia 3, Wild Arms Code F, that new .hack game and even though it’s not an RPG, Megaman X Collection.

The .Hack…thing
KH 2 (Wh00t! My dream of playing it shall soon be realized!)
FFXII

Last I heard, Fallout 3 was cancelled quite a while back.

Right now I don’t have any RPGs I’m particularly looking forward to, mostly due to my lack of fundage and the fact that I haven’t been following gaming news much lately.

jaw drops

Guards! Stick her in the dungeon and make her play Dragon Warrior VII till she finishes it now!

Oblivion. Is no-one else here a Morrowind/Daggerfall fan?
Also, Neverwinter Nights 2. Although Obsidian better actually FINISH the game this time.

Damnit CH, I thought they were finally going to do it :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:frowning:

Elder Scrolls 4, and Atelier Iris (even though it is technically already out :P).

I’m seriously hoping ES4 can top Morrowind. Because Morrowind was <i>amazing</i>.