New Music?

What new bands are you listening too lately? My girlfriend turned me onto Citizen Cope and Live, and I’ve been listening to the new Staind cd today, although it kind of sucks. The new Young Jeezy is pretty fun to bump too as well.

So? What new stuff have you guys been listening too?

Mezmerize by System of a Down, Megadeth’s recent CD (name escapes me), and 3 Doors Down’s recent CD.

Of course I’ve been listening to Coheed’s new little diddy. Quite heavy on the squealing guitar riffs.

That would be The System Has Failed. It’s an ok album.

I haven’t really been listening to too many newer albums lately… very typical of me, eh? And on top of that I bought my first AC/DC album the other day, Back in Black. It’s fucking awesome. What the fuck is wrong with me, I bought my first AC/DC album last week???

But to try to stick to the topic of newer music… Well, I’ve gotten a few new releases by local bands lately. Like Antiquus(power metal) and Crackwhore(grindcore). I doubt any of you guys have heard of them. Hmmm… I like that newish Coldplay song, The Speed of Sound(I think that’s what it’s called). It’s very catchy, in a good way. Other than that I’m still living in the 80’s… and 70’s… and 60’s… I stay away from the 90’s unless it’s grunge or metal. Or rap. wooo, Tupac.

Mmm, a little bit of Aphex Twin, Charles Mingus, Black Flag, and Me First And The Gimme Gimmes.

Reggie and the Full Effect. Architecture in Helsinki. Of Montreal. Head Automatica.

New InFlames album. That, and random stuff really.

I heard the new In Flames is pretty bad compared to the older stuff.

It is. <.<;; Then again, their old stuff is the best anyway. The new albums are so… pop-y.

I’ve been getting into Every Little Thing and Ishida Yoko lately, where I was into mostly Hayashibara Megumi before.

Yeah, I’m a J-pop freak. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. The Para Para MAXes rock. If you find them, give 'em a listen

Yeah, I have heard of Crackwhore actually lol. This kid I knew in high school was real into them last year.

I got the System cd too, but I wouldn’t call that new. I thought it was good.

I buy cds all the time. Here are few newer ones.

Slim Thug - Already Platinum This is a pretty good cd. About half of the tracks were produced by The Nuptunes. Those are the good ones. (See sig)

Ferry Corsten - Passport Good trance compilation. Not the best Ferry.

Gorillaz - New one I forget the name of the cd, but it is really good. Best fictional band ever.

Snoop - Doggystyle This one isn’t new by any means, but I couldn’t find my copy so I bought a new one yesterday. So good… so good…

You should check out DJ Paul if you like Slim Thug. Also see Paul Wall, Mike Jones,and Swishahouse (the old stuff is good, like, real good. Paul Wall and Mike Jones are part of the Swishahouse crew).

You can also check out Three 6 Mafia and Hypnotize Minds, which includes Frayser Boy, Lil Wyte and a few others. Also see 8Ball and MJG.

I got the Mike Jones cd. I thought it was alright. He’s not that great of a rapper. He repeats the same lines way too much.

I like Paul Wall though. That single, leaning sideways or sitting sideways is really good.

The dirty south is really big right now.

Do you know what that purple stuff is that they always rap about?

hahaha, yeah, it’s Codeine(sp?) Syrup.

Mike Jones is horrible, but his older stuff with Swishahouse is really good. Look on Kazaa or something for that stuff though, becuase it’s hard to find the mixtapes these days. But you should definitly look into Three 6 Mafia and 8Ball and MJG.

I heard that it was something with cough syrup. That is messed up. No wonder they love everything slowed way the hell down.

I’ll definitely check those out, Sorc. Not many of my friends are into rap, so I really only get recommendations from one person.

I’m all over anything produced by The Neptunes.

Do you know anything about Clipse? They were supposed to put out a new cd like a year and a half ago. Did they get killed or something?

Clipse had that one song, Grindin, and I think that was produced by Pharell, but I haven’t heard anything else about them.

Screwed and Chopped is a texas thing that kind of made its way to memphis where three 6 mafia picked it up. You can screw and chop anything, but really, only songs that were screwed and chopped in the first place sound any good. Some songs, like Lovers and Friends, sound kind of cool when you chop and screw them, others, like Back Then by Mike Jones, sound like shit. Swishahouse has been doing it for years, but its just recently caught on.

I’m all over rap all the time, so if you wanna talk about it, send me a PM or something. I’ve usually got the newest stuff lying around, so if you want to hear something new I’ve probably got it.

Clipse are on the Neptunes label, Star Track. The whole album was produced by them.

Cool man, I’ll definitely hit you up with any rap questions I have.

I’m still euphoric about Coldplay’s latest CD. They just keep getting better and better.
And I’ve been buying a lot of “greatest hits” CDs too, like The Offspring and 311. I just picked up Korn’s Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and I can’t stop listening to the “Freak on a Leash” remix.

Hmmm, interesting. I’m surprised someone from Atlanta would know of a local Vancouver band that just released their first album last April… Just to confirm, are you sure it’s this Crackwhore ?

*edit: btw you guys should check out the free tracks on their website. It’s killer!