New member threads

Maybe, but instead you’ve done far far stupider things.

Die, thread, die! (See, in German that’s “The, thread, the”. I learned from Kagon.)

I never read the new person threads - sometimes I feel a little rude ignoring those, since it’s a conscious effort that a person makes to try to belong, but then I think about how they all turn into the same damn thing just about every single time and then I don’t feel too bad about it. I generally wait until a person posts in “normal” threads to form my own view or maybe even to greet, if I get off my high horse for long enough, ha ha.

No one that speaks German could be an evil woman.

I stopped caring. People will make them no matter what, and should we really give a shit? Is it really that big a deal?

The short answer: No, it is not a big deal. This is the intraweb. This is a message board. Who cares? Is the world gonna flip on its axis if newbies post intro threads? We all did it, even me. So who cares?

I’d also like to say that I don’t think trying to restrict newbie threads qualifies someone as an elitist prick.

I would much rather someone just start posting than make a newbie thread. To me, it just says “Hey, I’m here - and I’m important!” It doesn’t neccessarily mean that, but it just feels like a need to jump into the fire and make sure that everybody sees you dancing around. It’s an attention graber, to make sure that we know you exist and to include you in our little group.

I’m rambling.

And still high?

At that point, a weee bit, but not really. I had just woken up.

But shut your klez hole ;p

I don’t care any more. They’re just another thread I don’t look at.

And to note: I never made a “Hi” thread.