New content (FFCC/X-2/XI) contribution

How about: “Welcome to FFXI, we hope you enjoy the 7 hour install, and hope you don’t disconnect. Because if you do, you’ll have to start over again. If you’re good, you’ll average around 175 xp points per kill. 925,000 will get you to the level cap. You’ll also need about 150,000xp to level each of your subjobs, some mains are expected to carry 2 or 3. Plan on spending weeks earning gil for equipment, and good luck competing against the gilsellers who control 6 high level characters and do everything they can to make sure you can’t make gil. By the way, be sure to find reliable friends, because you can’t progress solo. After you spend about 100 days (2400 hours) getting to level 75, it’s time to reward all your hard work (and the fact you no longer have a social life) with the FFXI end game! Enjoy dynamis, a ridiculous lagfest that takes 64 players to compete in. And you can hunt the god monsters, but they only show up once a day and the Japanese will always claim the mob before you because they’re physically closer to the Japanese servers. If the previous options don’t interest you, feel free to try crafting! Just keep in mind it will take more time and effort than learning the tradeskill would in real life. Good Luck, Vana’Diel adventurer!”

Um… no, definitely not. I hope that wasn’t a serious post.

It wasn’t a serious suggestion, but essentially that’s the way of things. And yet…I still play, and play, and play. Lv 64 THF now, only 11 to go!

If you know enough to make a funny suggestion, why can’t you make a serious one and help me out?

Hey Locke, just look at it this way. EXP wise, you’re just over halfway there :smiley:

FFXI: “Welcome to the world of Vanad’iel. A world where five races from three nations are forever competing for power. A world where only when these races come together, and the three nations combine their efforts, can they defeat the constant threat of the Beastmen, and the Shadow Lord.”

Rise of the Zilart: “With the defeat of the Shadowlord, the threat to Vanad’iel is gone. Or is it? The Zilart, an ancient race wishing to live beside the gods, have returned. Laughing at the world below from the floating city of Tu’Lia, the Zilart are willing to do anything to enter the heavens. Anything.”

Because it’s much easier to be negative than positive.

Something like “From I to X, you journeyed alone. You experienced the legends of Cloud, Tidus, Cecil, Terra, and the Light Warriors…now, prepare to write your own. Adventure with thousands of other ambitious Final Fantasy fans, and seek out your own unique destiny in the immersive world of Vana’diel.”

I would be willing to get screenshots and such from FFCC if someone can tell me how.

Well Mr Barret, there are two main ways, The are Emulation and “Screen shooting”.

Emulation - Your Pc can pretend to be a console with some Pc stuff attached, such as taking Screen shots. The Games are stored on files called roms for cartage games or Iso for PSX games. I’d recomend a site favorate among us here. http://www.zophar.net/ for the emulation. We can not host the Roms so you will have to use a search engine for the atcual Roms.

TV Capture Card - This is More expensisve, but more Legal. You need to have a your Console plugged in to a Tv capture card which is plugged in your Pc. If your TV uses PAL not NSTC, I’d not recomend using it since Square’s convertion job Leaves a Black border (I assume your not in Missispi? (I don’t know states of another Contry)). I would also Not recmoend using USB. Here is a Failed shot For the shrine:

Big Nutter (Aerith Help Desk)
Post a Topic on this in the Main Forum and you will get the info very detailed.

It’s spelled Mississippi. I live in Michigan with an NTSC GC. About how much exactly would this TV card cost? If it’s affordable then I’ll ask about the process at the main board.

Don’t bother with roms. No-one has yet made a working GCN emulator. And even if you did, could you even fit the discs in a standard drive? TV-capture is your only option.

CD/DVD drives have a lowered circle in the center of them. I just tested and it is exactly the same size as a GCN disc. My computer can’t read it though.

GameCube disks also spin the opposite direction as normal cd/dvds.

GameCube discs are called “GD-ROMs”. They’re a proprietary format, computers can’t read them.

Yeah, I was gonna post something about them being GD-ROM’s, but I know absolutely nothing about them besides their size and usage as GameCube games.

Well I am trying to catalog all of the information about FF CC in hopes of getting the info on the FFC pages but I will need some more time I’m pretty busy at the moment. I’ll try to get it done though.

If you still need something for the Crystal Chronicles Page I found this On a advertisement for the game:

"Long Ago, Miasma swallowed the world. It’s touch was fatal, and it clamed many lives. We have since leared that Mystic Crystals hold it at ay. However, the power of the crystals is not limitless. Each year, a group of Adventurers travel forth on a quest to replenish our crystal and protect our village.

"Join the crystal caravan and retrieve the myrrh you need to replenish the crystal of your village. Your journey takes you to exotic lands, where you will battle hordes of Dangerous monsters, confront terrifying odds, and perhaps unravel the secret of the Miasma itself. It’s a daunting task, but you won;t have to face this epic alone…

“Up to four Players can join your quest by using GameBoy Advance systems to control their characters. Each player is privy to different information on the GBA screen over the course of the adventure, and caravanners will need to cooperate if they hope to endure these trials together.”

and also it’s the Dreamcast uses GD-ROMs.

I don’t want advertisements, thanks.

It not really an advertisement. If it was an advertisment, it would be telling you to buy the game, which it doesn’t. It’s just something that I found prefectly and correctly discribes the game and was on an advertisement. Do you mean that you want something thats origanal?

It actually means that I already have something. :sunglasses: But thanks anyway.

I think that X2 is great! its got the best battle system and its good to have a story where you dont have to play the game any more than 5 times to fully understand lol.x.

PS - Barret VII, I LUV IRON MAIDEN ADN RAMMSTEIN!

My fave maiden song is run to the hills and the wicker man