New Coke / Coke II

Next time I’m down in good ol’ Mayretta (:P), I’ll see if I can stop by the Coke factory on Cobb Parkway. They might sell it.

They still sell boo berry at my grocery store…and its not halloween yet…

I bet you people who hate Vanilla Coke don’t like cream soda either. Fine, more for me. Best stuff out there.

It’s quite simple. Cream Soda is good, and Vanilla Coke is un-good.

I like the not-so-much-as-off brand Cream Sodas you can find in odd stores here and there with names you never heard of. Nothing like “Quik Brand PLUS” or shit.

Oh, I didn’t notice we talked about the coke factory.

In atlanta there’s this place called the “World of Coca Cola” which is a fully functional coca cola factory. There’s a part on the tour that shows the bottling process. Anyway, theres this huge room in there that has coca cola from all around the world. It all tastes different, most of it doesn’t really taste that good to me, but maybe you guys like it. In North America and Europe it all tastes pretty much the same, and I’m sure they ship the regular stuff to other countries as well, but they also have coke that was made for different countries specifically. If I remember right, Fanta was made for Australia, and it became so popular they released it world wide.

But yea, this is not a place of myth, it exists. It’s a cool room too, you put your cup on a little platform and the coke actually shoots out through tubes and into a funnel and into your cup.

Coca Cola is named for the coca leaves and kola nuts that are ingredients in it. It still has some sort of extract from the coca leaves in it. All the cocaine is thoroughly removed from the leaves.

Yeah Sorc, my freinds been there. He said most of the coke sucked.

Originally posted by Vorpy
Coca Cola is named for the coca leaves and kola nuts that are ingredients in it. It still has some sort of extract from the coca leaves in it. All the cocaine is thoroughly removed from the leaves.

According to Coke’s website, they don’t use coca leaves anymore, and haven’t in over 80 years. They just use artificial flavoring now.

Originally posted by Shinobi
Yeah Sorc, my freinds been there. He said most of the coke sucked.
Yea, it does, but the suckage doesn’t make it any less of an interesting expierence. I mean, seriously, how cool is it to drink Chinese coke?

Pepsi tastes like shit.

Damn straight.

Holy crap! I can’t believe how few people remember the new coke! 984 was right about their history. There’s a pretty good article about it at coca-cola.com, and Rirse’s article courtesy of good ole snopes.com serves the purpose pretty well, too. Educate yourselves, young ones.

Probably because I was born in 1985, therefore can’t remember it.

I say what should be done is that they should re-bottle coke in the old glass bottles. There were a few of them up in northern maine and for some reason it tasted a lot better in the glass bottles than in these… ugh… plastic bottles.

And coke classic really isn’t coke classic. my father and uncle tell me that they changed the formula or something but just kept the name… but obviously people aren’t dumb.

But either way, doesn’t matter… continues to drink his Moxie

They’ve changed the formula many times over Coke’s history. One of the most noteable ones was replacing cane sugar with some corn syrup sweetener thing. In addition to that, the formula has to be tweaked depending on what container you buy it in. Coke (or any carbonated beverage for that matter) has a different formula for the drink that goes into plastic bottles, the drink that goes into cans, the drink that goes into glass bottles, and the drink that goes into fountain sodas. The cola people do this to account for the fact that each of those containers can withstand differing amounts of internal pressure. Since glass bottles can withstand more pressure than plastic bottles, the formula for each of those has to differ slightly in the percentage of ingredients put into the drink.

works for me…

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
According to Coke’s website, they don’t use coca leaves anymore, and haven’t in over 80 years. They just use artificial flavoring now.

I’ve just tried searching cokes website for this information and couldn’t find it. It seems that they prefer to avoid mentioning coca leaves on their site, and all I could find were statements that coca cola does not contain cocaine and that cocaine was never an added ingredient. But I can’t find any mention of coca leaves. Other sites on the internet claim that they still use a very small amount of extract from coca leaves.

Well, if nothing else, it’s not listed in the ingredients on the side of the can.

All I’m saying is that it’d be a damn effective way to create a loyal customer base and keep profit margins up…

:get it?:

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
All I’m saying is that it’d be a damn effective way to create a loyal customer base and keep profit margins up…

Introducing new niccotine flavored Coca-Cola:hyperven:

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
Well, if nothing else, it’s not listed in the ingredients on the side of the can.

Natural flavors