New Bleach filler...

I imagine it’s the same way for anybody who intentionally grows their nails long. Though they should really explain how he can wield a sword since I don’t see how he can get a full grasp on the handle.

Oh, I do have the same question. There’s someone who works in my office whose nails are probably two inches long and she sits there tapping at a keyboard all day. I think she has to do it with her hands flat against the keyboard, which strikes me as a terribly inefficient method.

Watched 243 today. Story’s still going strong. These fights are so much more personal than the stupid Arrancar, and I like the little jibes that keep poking fun at the characters. It’s no FMA, but it’s actually enjoyable to watch.

Ironically, I’ve been watching Bleach lately as well. Mostly because I don’t have Cable anymore so I watch stuff in Youtube. I like the show, but I really need to go back and watch it from the beginning. How many episodes is that…? :thud:

Good lord Wil, read the manga. For the love of everything you hold dear, read the goddamn manga.

Bleach is the worst manga ever to animate because a single chapter can fill, at the absolute best, five minutes of animation. This results in the slowest, most dragged-on, repetitive chapters ever since Freeza said Namek would blow in 5 minutes.

So you get an ungodly amount of chapters that move at a snail pace, filler, more slow chapters, more filler, filler, and did I mention filler? Except the current filler arc is good because everyone is fucking sick of what’s going on in the manga, past filler like the Bount arc is an entirely different, far fouler-smelling beast.

Also, animation blows in 99% of the chapters (Even if the occasional one is awesome, but you can cherry-pick those) and it’s censored as hell to boot.

Fine. Where?

Edit: nevermind, Glenton had given me the link to a Bleach site, I just forgot about it. :stuck_out_tongue: Still, watching the occasional animated episode is cool. Hell, it’s my whole point, I got tons of stuff to read, I want something to watch.
Edit 2: I also dig the show’s music. Especially the guitar riffs. Goes well with the Spanish names. Btw shouldn’t that be “Mundo Hueco”, not “Hueco Mundo?” Still sort of right, but sounds odd…

Kubo does Spanish as well as every other manga artist does English. You should have seen the utterly nonsensical Menos Grande already, which is Kubo trying to say “Big Minus”.

The Bount arc was kind of meh, but I liked the rest of them.

I’m disappointed with how they handled Wabisuke and Ashoji Jiro. They had the potential to be the most troublesome Zanpaktou to deal with and in the end i was like they didn’t matter.

I think Wabisuke’s handling actually made the most sense. Seriously, how do you fight against someone who makes your sword instantly unusable when your sword is practically all you have? I never really liked Yumichika’s zanpakuto, so no comment there.

It would have made them fight creatively. I enjoyed seeing them use kidou traps and attacks.

There was already a whole lot more of that than is usual for Bleach, it’s pretty good. The more fights are over quickly, the happier I am, just in general. :sunglasses:

This arc is reminding me more and more of the Bount arc, especially with the recent reveal that Muramasa’s original announced plan was all a red herring. The Bount arc also had a similar false ending when a new plan was put forward and kept the arc going for a lot longer than the fans first thought.

Now, instead of going to Soul Society from the real world, it looks like this arc is doing the opposite and Muramasa will be invading the real world for whatever reason. At least it probably means Chad and Ishida will get a token fight by the end of it.

Still, it’s not too bad. And with the manga still being kind of humdrum lately, I’m in no major rush to get back to the canonical story.

This arc was much more fast-paced than the Bount, and with a lot more interesting character discussion. The Bount bit started pretty strong, but devolved very quickly. This one has kept up the interest factor, and I’m looking forward to see how it goes.

So, they finally revealed Muramasa’s big evil scheme. I expected something bigger. All that’s left is the countdown to the big brawl.

Was anyone else hoping to see Kenpachi’s Zanpactou? I remember way back in season 1 or 2 that his sword was screaming at him to be released but that he couldn’t here it. I was expecting his to be one of the super powerful one’s to show up. I mean, I thought the point of him not being there at the beginning of the arc was to avoid what would have been a decent plot hole. At this point, though, it’s probably not going to happen.

No, I was well aware it wouldn’t, because it hasn’t yet been revealed anywhere. Same reason we didn’t see bankai for any of the captain’s Zanpakuto which haven’t yet been revealed in the main series.

I was hoping to. But the more I think about it his Zanpaktou would just be like Ichigo’s. They’re supposed to be shaped by their master’s soul, right? So Kenpachi would want to be even more uber powerful and not want to share the glory.