New announcement

Let me explain my philosophy: If you can’t take the time to do TWO FUCKING KEYSTROKES just to say “you” properly, chances are you really don’t have anything relevant to say. So far, I haven’t been proved wrong. Like Shin said, this is isn’t convenience, it’s just being a lazy ass.

Do whatever you want, I’m trying to explain where we’re coming from.

You must be really pressed for time if you can’t add on those extra two letters.

I … uh … probably had some sort of witty confirmation to the “please say ‘you’ instead of ‘u’ because we don’t like it when you say ‘u’ instead of ‘you’” thing, but I just woke up like half an hour ago, and Shinobi’s avatar totally distracted me.

fine, i will type the full word seeing how you all are soo picky, God, sound like stinking babies, i might ocasionally do it on accident, cuz ive done it for a while.

I like it more when Merl makes those announcements since his his title makes them look more absolute. :stuck_out_tongue:

Silliness aside though, claps for Zero I and I’m sure a lot of other people appreciate the work you do here.

NG: I’m not trying to be a jerk ass or anything about it. Honestly, I couldn’t care less either way. It makes it a little harder to read with words abbreviated everywhere, but that doesn’t take much more time. I imagine the next thing that people would complain about would be a lack of full sentences, so you might brace yourself for that one, too. Just take it in stride, if you plan on staying around for a while, and you’ll get past it. Once you’re here for a while, people stop caring so much.

And I’m used to typing full words/sentences, personally. I make up for any time lost by just learning to type faster. Right now, I’m at about 70 wpm.

I dont even use aim speak when I’m ON aim. Or even when I’m Text Messaging from my phone. Just because everyone else like to do that, doesnt mean you have to do it. Would you jump off a bridge if everyone else thought it was easier? its the easiest way. Personally I think it takes more effort to think about abbreviating than it does to just write the letters.

if it had water under the bridge, sure i would jump off it. One thing, i dont do it cuz everyone does it, i have been on aim for a while before i came here, so im still in the habiat(spell check) of aim, but i will get over it eventually. See, i havent done it in the past couple of posts. Ok im done, ill stop with the argueing, cuz all it does is gets me in trouble, and others.

Then WHY do you do it? What reason is there for it? Really, it’s easier to just write it out in the end. Message is clearer for one thing.

Grammar Nazi on duty sir!

That pic has been saved, archived and uploaded to be ready for use. Thanks BX.

There’s also one point of my argument that I forgot to mention: Us. Even if it’s easier for you to “write” like that, it’s actually harder for people used to reading actual English to understand. I have to stop reading for half a second every time I have to see one of these misspelling and remember what they mean in your twisted degenerated version of the language, and that’s an eternity for just one character.

I forgot the exact term my Systems Analysis and Design professor used but it pertained to abbreviating common words. One thing computer programmers love to do is abbreviate everything. However, what they don’t understand is that only the programmers’ know their own shorthand. In other words, if you weren’t a programmer, (like I’m not, nor will ever be) you wouldn’t be able to understand the programmer code. The moral of the story is that if you are going to take the time to say/write/type something, do it in the most complete way you can to prevent any confusion.

Shoots at NG

Now stand up straight soldier and spell correctly or I won’t miss next time!

Man. Get off his case, you fuckers. Yes it would be nice to see him write in a more… intelligent (for lack of a better word) manner, but there’s no need for every one of you to go all grammar nazi on him. God, if you don’t like it, just ignore him either manually or by learning to gloss over posts.

This is a good time to mention that, just because people say ‘you’ instead of ‘u’ REALLY doesn’t make them any more or less intelligent…at all. If you want proof, go to any fucking internet forum and just check it out for a while. Inner Net shorthand should be the least of y’all’s problems, and TRUST ME, if you feel the need to discriminate against someone because of it, You won’t be very happy about it with me around. :smiley: Have a nice day.