Nethack: If wishes were fishes...

I started an explore mode game and have been abusing my wand of wishing. I have 1 wish left after obtaining the following:

a blessed +5 silver dragon scale mail
a blessed +5 rustproof gauntlets of power
a blessed +5 fireproof cloak of magic resistance
a blessed greased rustproof +5 helm of brilliance
5 (now 4) blessed scrolls of charging
a blessed bag of holding

Any suggestions as to what I should use my remaining wish on? I am a samurai, as usual.

also, is there any way to avoid being polymorphed when drinking from sinks?

Originally posted by deathstryke
[b]I started an explore mode game and have been abusing my wand of wishing. I have 1 wish left after obtaining the following:

a blessed +5 silver dragon scale mail
a blessed +5 rustproof gauntlets of power
a blessed +5 fireproof cloak of magic resistance
a blessed greased rustproof +5 helm of brilliance
5 (now 4) blessed scrolls of charging
a blessed bag of holding

Any suggestions as to what I should use my remaining wish on? I am a samurai, as usual.

also, is there any way to avoid being polymorphed when drinking from sinks? [/b]

You wished for 5 +5 items and got them? I find that hard to believe, you have what, a 10-20% chance of getting a +5 item. Are you sure you’re not playing wizard mode? Wish for +2 or +3. As to what you should spend your last wish on, I have no idea, I would have to see a complete logfile of your character to be able to judge that, so I would advise to save it. Maybe you’ll find you need an item in the future (Like a ring of levitation to beat Medusa’s level).

As for sinks, don’t drink from them, there aren’t many positive affects from drinking anyway. You can kick them to summon black puddings, succubi, and a ring, which are the best affects from a sink.

it’s an explore mode file so I loaded if I didn’t get it. Right now I’m using the one last charge to get some scrolls of enchant weapon, unless I can think of something better to get. or I guess I could just save it for later.

My current stats are Str:25 Dex:18 Con:18 Int:13 Wis:14 Cha:8
Lv:11 HP:108 AC:-22
Pwr:59 Dlvl:9 no pets

I just #dipped for Excalibur.

You loaded if you didn’t get it? You mean savescumming?

And a magic marker would have been a better choice, then you could write lots of enchant foo scrolls.

Edit: I don’t see why you need to ask for advice for an explore mode game? I mean you can’t die in explore mode unless you decide to.
And don’t savescum or reload or whatever you want to call it. That ruins the entire purpose of nethack. Play a different game if you want a save system.

I’m only abusing what was given to me, since explore mode doesn’t delete saves. I have some pretty nasty bones files that even all this armor can’t live through for more than a few turns, such as one with about 80 or so angry water demons (many of which are slinging death spells like there’s no tomorrow) on one floor of the mines (I have no clue how it happened but it ain’t pleasant to try fighting, thats for sure.) This particular game is meant for goofing off in Networking II and not as a serious attempt at doing anything. Maybe I should delete some of those bones since almost all of them have an artifact or 2 and/or some nice spellbooks and a few of them have pretty much no win situations.