Need help with Wild Arms XF

Yes. There is a trick to it. You solo him using Alexia because she has an ability in her natural class to play her turn before anyone else in the fight. You have to use a specific combination of skills to make sure Ragu o Ragula never has a single turn.

You need to constantly use the High Cavalier skill to give yourself an extra turn. Every 3 turns you have to use the secutor MP burst ability to refill your mp. If your mp burst doesn’t work and resets you to 0, then you need to use a magic berry to give yourself another 100mp to redo the MP burst. Never MP burst on your last turn because you need to have a back up plan in case the MP Burst doesn’t work and you need to use a magic berry, requiring at least a couple turns. Every time you reach the maximum number of extra turns (about 7-8, it requires 2 shots of turn boosting and mp bursting), you have to use 3 of the best ice gems, which you can get by sending lots of drifters treasure hunting at Weisheit’s secret base. I suggest getting around 70 super ice gems and having at least 15 magic berries for screw ups. Then you have to use to redo the turn boosting, reload your equipment. I don’t remember who has that skill. Reboost your turns with mp bursting, use the ice gems, etc etc.

It helps to have skills to lower the MP cost of spells because of the turn boosting spell and if you have another skill to boost elemental damage.

This takes about an hour to do. Don’t worry about the damage you sustain when running out of VP. When your HP gets to 1, the 0 VP penalty stops hurting you. When you’re done, you get the best armor in the game: the sheriff badge. Its a fantastica armor.

Gee-zus, that sounds like way too much work for one optional boss and one armor I might not even need. I’m saving it for the replay. But thanks anyway, Sin.

Its not any easier or different on replay.

Maybe, but I know where I can download a game save that starts with Max money and best equipment. Hey, if the game cheats on me, I cheat back! :wink:

And just in case you might think I don’t like long, hard battles, I just finished the next-to-last battle with Chelle, and that dragged like for an hour. By the end, both sides were down to two characters with NO MP or items. But I won in the end. Now THAT is how I like my battles! :victoly: