Myazaki Movies....

you know them Spirited Away, Princess Moninoki(propable spelled that badly), Kiki’s dilevery sevice, Lupin the III… they are all great tell me what you think of them…

points to profile That a good answer?

And then there’s Nausica of the Valley of the Wind, Laputa Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, and Porco Roso.

I believe Totoro and Porco will be released on DVD at the end of the year, or early next year. So they’ll certainly be worth picking up. Totoro is more aimed towards a younger audience compared to the rest of his movies, but it’s charming nevertheless.

I believe Castle of Cagliostro was the only Lupin movie Miyazaki directed (there were countless other Lupin theatrical movies, and many more made for TV movies) and he also directed several episodes of the TV series, including the very last Lupin episode “Farewell my beloved Lupin”

I had no Idea their were Lupin movies made… I should check them out… I wonder if they are translated… ok here is another thing, I loved Princess Mononoke but the thing about it was that the plot line needed to be expanded maybe 2 films or a mini-series… and Spirited Away could of also been a series with many episodes… don’t get me wrong though I liked both films but they could of easily all been anime series…

Not really. Being a movie doesn’t make something any less ‘good’ over an anime series. Both Mononoke and Spirited Away told the story they had to in the space of a movie, that’s all that was needed. Granted, with both of those movies, there were several points where they were difficult for a North American viewer to understand without knowledge of Japanese folklore and religion (for example, Kaonashi, or No Face in Spirited Away would have been a character that any Japanese movie goer would have recognized, and understood. Though Miyazaki’s take on it was a bit different than the traditional tale I believe)

And as for Lupin, I think a few other of the Lupin movies have an official translation, Fuma Conspiracy and Legend of the Twilight Gemini, I think. If you ever come across some fansubs, Tokyo Crisis, and Dark Order of Assassination are also really good Lupin movies to see.