My Rant

Meh, might as well rant, I’m bored, and some things are suddenly getting on my nerves.
Like Disney. And its ridiculous habit of making sequels. Okay, I’ll admit right now that some of the Live Action ones ain’t that bad. But jeez, look at some of their ah, “masterpiece sequels”. I’m thinking of Extremely Goofy Movie in particular.
For the love of god, when I was like, in 4th grade I -loved- “A Goofy Movie”. And when I heard about the, ah, “sequel”, I was excited. Even tho I was like, 13 when it came out.
Okay, I didn’t see it right away. But when I did, couple months ago, I was…well, annoyed. Yay. Boys go to college. And Boys Like Skateboarding. Dad suddenly becomes a Disco Freak, misses Boy, blah de blah, that’s a -swell- plot…sarcasm :fungah:
The thing that rellah got to my poor, innocent nerves, besides all that, was the surprising lack of music.
Okay, there’s ONE song in the whole damn movie. Brilliant.
And another thing, honest to God, is John Freaking Goodman desperate for work or something!!! Either that or Disney can’t get anyone else to be in their second-rate shite…
Okay, Okay, Okay! I admit it, Monsters Inc wasn’t that bad! avoids being pelted with thrown objects

…Just a thought or two, …aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I’m done :wave:

Meh not my problem. If the sequels are rather well received or not, I really could care less, since most of their movies are out of my age range. Yes, some of the Disney movies can be enjoyed as a family, but, they’re not my favorites so Im treading on unfamiliar ground here. If they can make them, then yay. If not, I don’t care. Disney seems financially well off so they can afford to make shitty sequels. If it makes one kid happy well then why not.

The only thing I hate aout Disney is how it shamelessly takes the rich culture, history and mythology of any nation on earth and then utterly butchers it and sells it back to that country. And they go for it every single time. Kingdom Hearts doesn’t make up for that.

I heard they were having some trouble because the recent movies have flopped. Good. Maybe this’ll get them thinking.

Oh, do not get me STARTED on Disney! The only thing worse then them bastardising all those old stories is making SEQUALS to said bastardised stories!

I mean, they made a sequal to freakin’ CINDERALLA!!

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO TELL?! THE BITCH LIVES HAPPILY EVER FUCKING AFTER!!

Maybe whoever buys them will make it all better.

If Disney didn’t dummy down the “old stories” then they wouldn’t be movies at all, and they wouldn’t be Disney.

A lot of those sequels and movies are made with little children in mind, not for teenagers. Like I said, if you’re in the right frame of mind, those kinds of movies can be enjoyable for everyone, but if not, then no. It’s quite an easy thing to grasp.

And stuff like Cinderella is partially to teach children things to, and expose them to situations that may get them to think a little more.

Lion King aside, I have no time for Disney- for the exact same reasons Pierson stated. :thud: There was a thread posted on here once about a Disney take on the Titanic story, bearing the slogan “child-proof ending guarantees everyone is rescued and lives happily ever after”. And they say cartoons don’t cause people to be violent. :fungah:

Problems with Disney:

<ul>
<li>They are owned by the Dow Chemical Corp. Which, as far as corporations go, is the leading cause of human death on the planet.</li>
<li>They sugar coat everything. The world is, unfortunatly, not very hakuna matata nor are people dancing and singing in the streets (much to my dismay). Now, don’t get me wrong - Aladdin, The Lion King, Toy Story and other Disney movies are very good, and I love them, but that doesn’t make the Disney philosophies acceptable. If I were a parent, I’d try to mix stuff up. Disney with Law and Order for example ;p</li>
</ul>

Just thought I’d toss a little HTMLizzle in the hizzouse.

I used to like Disney. I’m not sure what happened, I think I grew old.
I suppose my tastes also changed. Like so much does when one age. Disney just didn’t age with us. Or Disney grew into a grumpy old man who keeps telling the same stores again and again.

Disney’s run out of stories to butcher. It’s recent ones were only pretty good because pixar made 'em.

All in all, I’m really only bugged when the sequels suck beyond a doubt (little mermaid, cinderella, and the hunchback for example).

I heard they were buying the Muppets…
Oh my dear sweet gentle god please say it ain’t so… :fungah: :eek:

…And I swear, if I ever hear of them making an Aristocats II, I will send them so much hatemail it won’t even remotely be funny…
I don’t care how old I am, noone ruins one of my favorite animated movies of all time with a shite sequel…
hiss
I’ll…sic Flea on them! :kissy: Get’em, boy…?

Very small portion of my take (perhaps more later)

Disney should have NEVER EVER EVER done the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Yeah, it was an OK film, I saw it once. But dude. Anyone who’s read the book, knows just HOW BAD they butchered that thing. I mean. Dude. Quasimodo DIED in the book. He should have NEVER had the chance to hook up with Jennifer Love Hewitt. EVER. Poor guy.

Originally posted by MarsBar788
[b]I heard they were buying the Muppets…
Oh my dear sweet gentle god please say it ain’t so… :fungah: :eek:

…And I swear, if I ever hear of them making an Aristocats II, I will send them so much hatemail it won’t even remotely be funny…
I don’t care how old I am, noone ruins one of my favorite animated movies of all time with a shite sequel…
hiss
I’ll…sic Flea on them! :kissy: Get’em, boy…? [/b]

Wait until you see the day that Final Fantasy characters start appearing in Disney films.

I’m a life-long Disney Fan, but I’ll admit, you kids have got points:

*Disney WILL exploit ANYTHING . Hell, Lion King was a rip-off of Kimba the White Lion. How they thought they could get away with nobody noticing is beyond me. And certainly, they’ll change the endings to make them “acceptable”- but then, isn’t that what Hollwood ALWAYS does? Look how they have BRAD PITT in the role of the (originally gay/bi) Achilles in TROY.

*Most Disney sequels have indeed been below average. That’s why they make them direct-to-video. The only exception I can think of right now is Lion King 1 1/2, which was a pretty clever way to retell the Lion King story.

*The age of Great Animated Disney movies does seem to be at an end- their latest have flopped, while other ventures (the Pixar CGI movies, live action movies like Pirates of the Caribbean,etc.) thrive. Too bad.

*Still, Disney Cartoons ARE enjoyable by anyone with an open mind, regardless of your age. Certainly, they’re mainly kid-oriented, but don’t write them off because you’re “too old”. Maybe you’ll rediscover them in later years.

*And finally, while you should certainly allow fantasy in your kid’s life, you should always make sure they have their feet on the ground! (But NYPD Blues? Eeew. Fat naked policemen they don’t need to see!) :mwahaha:

:eek:
Well, if they ever even -try- putting -MY- Zell in any shit-ass movie, they’ll get more hatemail than…I dunno. Who gets a lotta hatemail? I dunno.
Eek, sorry. Overprotective Zell Fangirlness just kicked in ^^’’’
The Kimba thing, I din’t notice cuz I was an idiot and didn’t know what anime was back then…sweatdrop Hm, I think I saw a trailer thingy for it on some tape or another, ages and ages ago…
Oh, and get this, I read in an anime magazine that Kimba was a ripping off of the Lion King…Puh…
Go figure.
sics Flea :kissy: on the idiots from the magazine who said that
:mwahaha:

Yeah, I think I knew TLK was a KWL ripoff … In fact, in one episode of the Simpsons, Mufasa’s ghostly head appears and refers to “Kimba, I mean, Simba.”

Originally posted by MarsBar788
:eek:
Well, if they ever even -try- putting -MY- Zell in any shit-ass movie, they’ll get more hatemail than…I dunno. Who gets a lotta hatemail? I dunno.
Eek, sorry. Overprotective Zell Fangirlness just kicked in ^^’’’

I take it you’ve never been to ff.net then >.>

Yes, Disney certainly has become quite annoying, at least when it comes to animated movies. Take Brother Bear; I went to see it with my sister and mother, and most of it was fine. Except for the ending. That was REALLY weird… I won’t even get started on that…

I like Disney, but their animated movies are just so strange these days… I don’t think I’ll go see the next one… but these movies are meant for kids, and I’m not exactly a kid anymore.

Ah yes, ff.net… I read fanfics there… too bad almost all the authors suck at writing… they actually pair Sesshomaru and Kagome… together… that’s just wrong on so many levels.

Disney also stole the atlantis story i believe from an anime Nadia i think? Though i really am not sure about that, could be just a rumor i heard.

Yep, I’ve been to FF.net. Enough to know that most of the writers there seem to be high on the s/z crack…>.<
And I’m actually a member there. Strangely enough.
Although why the heck I’d WANT to admit that is beyond me…
Nothing ruins a good rpg/anime/etc like a FF.net writer.
:fungah: