MY PENIS IS TINY

Except making a very valiant attempt at revitalizing a region that is dead? Las Vegas does this shit all the time, do you go to their city council and bitch them out about it too? I really don’t see where your moral outrage at their choice of design is coming from, though I’m totally picturing you as some biblical man who had a party the day the Tower Of Babel was destroyed, and God smote the people of the world.

And by Tower Of Babel, I mean the thing referred to in Genesis, not the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, a lot better then spending it on making the actual country better. I mean, as long as the top 1% of the population can have fun, the other 99% can go fuck themselves. I mean, people have never gotten pissed off over a few buildings to the point of revolting, besides in Germany, France, and Russia and many other lame ass countries that totaly suck arse. But hey, as long as they’re not making weapons that directly kill people, I mean they’re only indirectly making people suffer, and as long as you can’t see them in pain, it’s okay.

…ouch.

Oh nice, it’s the Sail.

Am I the only one who seems to think that reclaimed land is a pretty cool thing?

Is reclaimed land bad for the environment?

No, I am not actually that biblical at all. I am thinking more functionally right now. And yes, the biblical story of the tower of Babel is a story that I feel is important. We aren’t even specks of cosmic dust, yet somehow we believe that we have power. I think that Vegas is horrid also.

I’m not against the idea of crafting great things, I am against the loss of humanity that occurs when people become so completely separated from each other that one man can go spend a day on an island that is formed to looked like South America and live in near absolute luxury, while millions of people in South America have less recognized value in their lives than that mans shoelaces.

This is about the dehumanizing element of being that much above and beyond the rest of the world that you can create such monstrosities. Ever read Grendel?

Jediguy = ClothHat?

Jesus don’t leech that.

SA <EM>will</EM> send ninjas to kill you.

It’s from Fallout

The UAE isn’t exactly some starving third world nation. They’re one of the best countries in the Middle East, and they have a GDP that is up there with the leading western nations. So painting this picture of them wasting their money on lavish projects while citizens starve really doesn’t work. The world factbook says “Since 1973, the UAE has undergone a profound transformation from an impoverished region of small desert principalities to a modern state with a high standard of living.” They are also ranked as the best state in the region in terms of SOL.

And by building these things, they are trying to move away from the production of oil being their only means of making money. Whats so bad about that? Even if these things cater to the top 1%, that top 1% brings money with it, that helps the entire population. So rather than having an economy that is entirely based on the fluctuation of oil prices, they have something that will remain a constant, and help to make their standard of living and economy even better.

I think its a relatively smart idea. Most middle eastern economies are based soley on oil. Tourism is a large part of my state’s economy, as it is elsewhere in the world. I think he would be doing a better job if he were making hotels aimed at more middle-class travelers than super rich people.

Okay. I don’t want ninjas to hunt me down.

No. Am I the only one who thinks anyone complaining in this thread by making shitty excuses like “The world is starving!” simply has an overwhelming jealousy complex?

Fuck. I love these things, it’s what people SHOULD be doing with their money! Making pristine environments to live in.

They should STOP spending it on shit like war and expensive humanitarian campaigns to Africa that frankly havn’t done shit for the general health there. This is the kind of stuff I’d like to see. Triumphs of architecture and heaven-like palm beaches. If this is how tax dollars would manifest themselves rather than putting petty thieves in jail and fueling multi-billion dollar election campaigns, I’d be much more optimistic about society as a whole.

I think the guy in the pool is amazing too

…am I the only one here who actually already knew this? <_<; Sad.

um, I dont understand. How can that be disgusting? Or am I misinterpreting you? well anyways, the buildins are fuckin’ pretty as …well…fuck.And even though people are starving and poor, you have to admit that “Money talks. You dont have it? well you suck ass, too bad” thats usually the attitude in this vulgar shitty-ass planet we call home.Now im not saying I think that way,( the “screw poor people” bit) its just that nobody can fight the fact that ‘MONEY=POWER’