my mother ran our snail through the dishwasher

No, that was not some random nonsense. It’s true. My mother ran the dishwasher while our aformentioned pet snail, Sam, was on the lam (hey, rhymes) and was takin a rest on one of the dish racks.

So now, we’ve got one clean snail.

O_O Whoa! Did it survive?

if it did, it’s lucky…

Snails are aquatic creatures on the whole, so I’d think so. But then again, I don’t think Snails are used to being pelted with bits of food or getting blasted with a strong force of hot, soapy water…

That’s what I’m worried about, the temperature and the soap… If it survived, it was really lucky.

He should be OK. Water will do him some good as snails need lots of umidity. He can hold his breath for a while and I think he may even breath underwater for some extent of time (the lung of a snail looks like a gill in dissecations). As for the temperature, his shell should protect him just fine.

My friend once started his dishwasher with his pet ferret inside.

Let this be a lesson: Always check your whitewares before starting them. It might be your pet rock, it might be your pet rock, it might be your cat, or it might be your dog, it might even be your father that somehow got it himself stuck in there while trying to retrive any of the former.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
My friend once started his dishwasher with his pet ferret inside.

That must not have been fun afterwards. I can speak from experience that wet ferret smell is a bitch.

It wasn’t just wet. They had to throw away all the dishes they were so stained with blood and guts and shit (Yes, shit).

Ah, it wasn’t one of the lucky ones. I was hoping it was. ;-;

;_; Poor ferret…:frowning: That’s very sad…

At least the animals up to now in this thread have been cleaned. My cousin’s dojo fish was cooked. Never keep an open acquarium in the kitchen. Specially when there is a leaping fish inside it and an oven nearby.

Poor ferret, snail, and fish.

:frowning: cries

i think the snail survived…

…but that’s sad, about the ferret and fish…

He survived all right, and is active as ever.

The snail, stupid, not the ferret.

on another note, i realize that it could be evil to grind up a fettet in a dishwasher…

i shoulda thought of that first…

What the heck does a pet snail do besides running amuck in the kitchen?

I’m surprised the snail survived the chemicals and heat o_o… You might have a weird dishwasher. Why was the snail in the kitchen and more specifically the dishwasher o_O

Originally posted by Sinistral
I’m surprised the snail survived the chemicals and heat o_o… You might have a weird dishwasher. Why was the snail in the kitchen and more specifically the dishwasher o_O

i’m not sure if i want to know these answers…