My latest EB experience

As most of you know, I have to go to my local EB Games on a semi-occasional basis to get my game shopping fix. I might not buy things, but I just have to go. It’s this sort of pull from the store to my person. Hey, if I didn’t go there, I’d go to Best Buy, and I’m much more likely to put a bigger dent in my bank account by going there.

Anyway, I bought the first .hack game, and I’ll probably wait on playing that for a little while, but I was wondering what you thought about it. I also saw another game called EverGrace - I hadn’t heard of it before, and I didn’t get it, but I wanted to know if any of you have played it before.

That was my boring post for the day.

I heard EverGrace really sucked.

Originally posted by VickiMints
[b]As most of you know, I have to go to my local EB Games on a semi-occasional basis to get my game shopping fix. I might now buy things, but I just have to go. It’s this sort of pull from the store to my person. Hey, if I didn’t go there, I’d go to Best Buy, and I’m much more likely to put a bigger dent in my bank account by going there.

Anyway, I bought the first .hack game, and I’ll probably wait on playing that for a little while, but I was wondering what you thought about it. I also saw another game called EverGrace - I hadn’t heard of it before, and I didn’t get it, but I wanted to know if any of you have played it before.

That was my boring post for the day. [/b]

Evergrace sucks.

Evergrace is bad. What games do you have or have you played so we can advise you to get something better? And EB sucks. In fact, most stores in the US suck as they’re corporations that give really shitty deals. Go to ebay.

I didn’t buy Evergrace, I just saw it and had never heard of it. Now I see why.

Every time I think about trying ebay, it seems to me like the games that I want end up costing the same as if I bought them from a local store, once shipping’s added in. I decide not to try it, and then I wait for a while and go back to the same thing. It’s a vicious cycle. How can I get a better deal on ebay? I’d be more likely to try it if I knew how to manage that.

As for the games I have currently… here we go:

FF 7-10, FF Chronicles, FF Origins, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga, Xenogears, Dragon Warrior 7, Turok (someone else picked it out), GTA 3, Simpsons Road Rage, and Max Payne. I just bought the .hack game today, and I’d like to have some input from people here before I remove the cellophane and render it unreturnable.

I’ve heard good about the .hack quartet. You don’t own FF Tactics PSX, you should get that. Its really cheap (20 bucks or less and it’ll last you AT LEAST 40 hours). Vagrant Story should also be very cheap and its really good and by the people who made FFT. You should be able to find Lunar 1 and 2 at least on ebay for not too expensive and they’re an awesome pair.

What is it you look for in a game? What do you like?

And I can already see SG say “Get BoF 5: Dragon quarter”.

It depends what games you want to get on ebay and when. If you get a recently released game, you won’t save cash. If you get something semi-old, you’ll get a deal (like FFX was 20 bucks way before it was declared a greatest hit on ebay). Astral got XS on ebay for 16+ shipping when EB was selling it for 30+ tax.

Buy Fallout!!! Aaaaaahgbblrgl

What do I like in a game? For RPGs, I need a story - it doesn’t have to be overwhelmingly complex, but it has to be “good” in a captivating way, and definitely not bland. I’m not too picky about characters, but if there are more than two that really annoy me we’re in trouble. I like to have a battle system that isn’t overly complicated, but if there is decent help provided within the game for a complex system I’m fine. I’m not too picky about leveling systems, but if it’s a boring, time-consuming one the means of gaining levels better be engaging. (By the way, I loved the Sphere grid in FFX.) The most important things to me are the story and the gameplay. That was probably pretty nebulous, but I tried.

Thanks for the ebay tips - I’m actually looking there again now.

Thanks for the ebay tips - I’m actually looking there again now.

Looking for Fallout?

FFT , VS, Lunars.

No, not looking for Fallout, lol.

You’re only looking for Fallout 2? Well…I guess that’s ok.

Get FF Tactics. It’s great.

CH, you crack me up.

Get Tactics you will like it very much as for .hack i got part one and two and i enjoy them very much as for what you say in what you like about RPGs I think the story wont dissapoint you,and the gameplay is very adictive i hope you enjoy it as much as i do

Get Star Ocean: The Second Story. And Until the End of Time.

The Heraldry Mage commands you.

Xenogears will serve you quite well, the story is great and it sucks up around 100 hours. Fallout is nice as well. And I must add that I burned my copy of Evergrace, and I’m the kind of guy that will play anything if I’m bored enough.

Read her list stryke 8P.

I wouldn’t advise SO2 to anyone personally. The gameplay’s interesting, the story and characters are really shallow.

If you can stomach the voice acting, then Grandia 1 & 2 are good for a run through or 2. They get a bit shallow on the plot side, but the battle system is very fun and involving.

@sin: oops, missed that post::doh::

Anyway, I bought the first .hack game, and I’ll probably wait on playing that for a little while, but I was wondering what you thought about it.

Kick. Ass. Start playing. I’ve beaten INFECTION and MUTATION, playing OUTBREAK right now.