My last thread.

I think you are taking this a little too far buddy. You held your own in that argument, even being outnumbered, and you made your points. So what’s so bad about that? People are wrong, and people are right. You don’t have to get offended and leave. Hell, you should be glad that such discussions can still take place here, and that there is a place to go where you can hold (excuse me) high-brow conversations about important topics.

It was obviously a topic people feel strongly about, so a tough fight should be expected. No one was attacking you personally. And don’t leave man, no offense to you, and i don’t want to flame you or ANYTHING, so don’t take it this way, but its kind of immature. =\ But hey, it is your call.

And why was the topic closed at all? It kind of seemed like a cheap shot to keep info from posting. Not accusing you sin (or whoever closed it), but thats the way it seemed =.

Cless, how can you possibly be defending what he said? I had thought it not possible for someone to NOT see that he is so obviously trying to belittle the troops into the same garbage that IS murderers and rapists and all that other shit. Hell he fucking SAID that they are all murderers. That is retarded.

Do you not also realize that perhaps this “propoganda” was perhaps to misinform others besides us? If the government went around and broadcasted everything about the military and its positions, then any placed terrorist spy could just watch the news and infrom his fellow terrorists.

Yes Ramza, I looked at the thread. I followed the goddamn thing all the way 'til closing.
I wasn’t involved in it at all, that’s one way I can say I’m a basically neutral onlooker to this whole thing, and I didn’t see any generalized comments about ALL THE MILITARY. I saw a comment thrown out about when ANYONE kills someone it’s considered murder, and that if the person him/herself acted the same way in said situation, he would consider it murder as well. I don’t see any generalization there other than, well, calling killing another human being murdering. No hypocricy either.

I’m not defending him. Please read my posts more carefully next time.

Edit: Ramza, you’re borderline trolling.

Infonick, I honestly think that all but a few (They probably know who they are) of them are just saying this shit because they think it makes them more “anti-american” so they look cooler to their fellow “anti-americans” (Quite a few other gamers). I mean come on, you gotta have a huge e-penis, it’s so much easier than growing a real one.

The people who are in the military are not the people who tell the military were to fight. The military is trained to follow orders, its the people who declared the wars that are doing wrong. I see a great potential for supporting the troops without supporting the war right there. Info, I want you to know that I have known very few marines in my life, but those few I do know I have found to be good people, including yourself. Good luck in your journeys.

YES YOU WERE FUCKING DEFENDING HIM. You just said that he probably doesn’t go look at a dictionary every day, so it’s OKAY he said murderer. You told us to “be cool.” No, I’m not going to be cool

Ramza, I’m really tired of being on your side all the time.

You seriously need to grow the fuck up a little bit. This isn’t about who’s better than who, or whose e-penis is bigger, or who fucked who’s mom. It’s about a serious discussion that went on.
You only see situations the way that you yourself have the maturity to understand.

I don’t mean to be going off topic, but as I;m reading this I keep seeing the name Ramza come up. Can I please be filled in?

Lanyx’s name originally was Ramza, I’m just used to calling him by that name.

…says the person trying to impress Info.

Seriously, before accusing others of trying to impress people, make sure the image you broadcast isn’t the one you’re accusing others to do. No offense to Infonick, for he has, at least up to the “Nazi accusation” comment, defended his point admirably, all you’re doing is making sure we won’t agree with him by adopting an extremely radical standpoint.

I raised the possibility that he was mistaken in his use of the word “murder” because it’s used so often in other contexts which simply means “killing”. I never said that this is actually what happened; I pointed out that it could all be a misunderstanding over one word. I never said it was “okay” to call all military personnel murderers either. I neither excused or justfied any of his points on behalf of him. Okay? Now Steve, you’re almost borderline trolling too.

Steve, I know it is a serious discussion, I don’t think I’d be getting so pissed off at how stupid everyone is being if it weren’t. I said in my post that there are SOME people that are being completely reasonable about it, and now that I go back and look I realize that there are mainly two people that are being completely unreasonable. So change “all but a few” to “a few.”

Cless, I’ll watch what I say…

Ramza, you can’t be taken seriously when your approach is so… childish. You made outlandish claims and seemingly knew what was going on in their minds based on, well, nothing.
I read what they said, and nothing came across as ALL military personnel being murderers. The word all never came up.

I am trying to IMPRESS HIM? No, I am trying to get some of you guys to stop being so FUCKING DISRESPECTFUL. He is defending his country, and I would LOVE to see you guys accomplish anything greater. How am I trying to make you guys DISAGREE? Okay, I will come out and say what I meant. I don’t like the guy with the cloud avatar (Mostly cause he’s the one I think PMed Info right now, and that is rediculous the ops would COMMEND HIM) and the guy who made the Nazi statement.

BORING!

The only one generalizing here is you Lanyx, and now you’re just blurting unfounded insults at random.

What I got from epic’s post was that killing a person is killing a person, no matter the situation. Of course, in a situation like the one you proposed, it’s completely reasonable and even the right thing to do, but it’s still not just something you did. It’s perfectly possible to have a situation where the best possible option is still not morally right. There’s a difference between saying “I killed a man, I am sorry, but I had to do it and will do it again if the situation presents itself again” and “I killed a man, but since I had to do it, it’s all right and nobody cares”.

Steve, lets think for a second. Two guys go to a home. One has a gun and the other a giant hammer. They break into a 9 year old girl’s room and the guy with the hammer smashes her face in. She dies.

Would the man with the gun not get in any trouble? This is basically what Epic said. He did not say all, but those in the military that AREN’T killing are directly or indirectly supporting the “killers.”

I do not care if he did not say all, he meant all and that is how I will interpret it.

I’m a veteran and I wasn’t offended by anything anyone said. Except whoever was swearing and calling people names for having differing opinions.