My Humps

Alanis Morissette’s version of the song

‘My Humps’ is one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard, and is just indicative of the current sorry state of the ‘music industry’.

While I generally dislike Alanis Morissette as well, I have to say bravo on this parody. Hearing all the lyrics clearly as opposed to being drowned out in bad, generic and repetitive rap music, you can tell they’re just total garbage.

Brilliant. It’s actually an improvement.

Ok, after actually hearing the song, I have to agree this is the better version. Reminds me of Richard Cheese’s stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone has posted this before. I prefer the original; flame away :stuck_out_tongue:

I like how it makes the stupidity and blandness of contemporary pop music oh so obvious.

Alanis wins, game over, no recounts.

This just about makes up for having to hear “Ironic” 80 billion times on the radio in 1995.

Yes, but does it make up for peoples’ now-horribly-distorted idea of what irony actually is?

Sure, but isn’t it ironic? :smiley:

No. Not really.

l0lz Alanis actually looks pretty hot here, but I prefer the black eyed pea’s version, even if fergie’s a butterface.

i actually liked that song. probably because i didnt listen to it that much tho. meh w/e

Was the irony of the song, which is that none of the little “situations” there are actually ironic, lost on you, Rommiel?

I found it ironic that it was voted to be having it’s best week ever on VH1’s Best Week Ever.

I also find it ironic that I managed to stay tuned to VH1 long enough to spot that.

Some of the best songs don’t make sense though and have stupid lyrics, but the best part of music is the melody. If people wanted to hear meaningful lyrics they’d go read a poem or something.

I don’t care about this.

That is true, you don’t listen to music for indepth lyrics, you listen to it for the rhythms and beats. But usually songs like “My Humps” consist of one or two beats anyways, and I find them to be fairly simple. If the lyrics(which are plainly heard in this case) are not interesting then one beat isn’t going to hold me for an entire song. That’s just me though… I don’t listen to music to dance, others do.