MY FIRST FIC (Yeah i know, another moron with his fanfic....)

Thanks for letting me know

Yeah i know what youre thinking… (damn newbies…)

oh well …the PPC thing…i got it from the thread in which they were all ranting and raving over bad fic writers

this one i think

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12199

Fucking newbies.

Yeah…

go easy on this fuckin newbie…will ya?

Originally posted by sephiroth_eternal
[b]Yeah…

go easy on this fuckin newbie…will ya? [/b]

Why should we? Anyway, that should be two things you should have learned today.

DON’T DOUBLE POST, and DON’T NECROPOST!! Just don’t do that and you should be alright.

FINE!

I SHALL NOT NECROPOST OR DOUBLE POST!

I have learnt my lesson!

u guys are getting a kick outta this…arent you?

[b]Thanks for letting me know

Yeah i know what youre thinking… (damn newbies…)

oh well …the PPC thing…i got it from the thread in which they were all ranting and raving over bad fic writers

this one i think

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12199 [/b]

Wherein me and other people across the globe whom people hate proceed to rip fics to threads and kill their main characters. We hate fics like that, oh yes.

They’re an organisation that goes around setting canon right by killing all who dare insert themselves by way of brutally killing them in a variety of ways.

And I’ll comment properly after I read it all, but SFSG.

Newbies will make mistakes, and that’s alright in my eyes, you can’t be a regular at once. So chill sephiroth, there’s no harm done, and I took no offence by anything you said since there was none there as far as I saw :slight_smile:

Yeah i know what youre thinking… (damn newbies…)[/b]

The irony in that cannot be matched.

Irony \I"ron*y, n.[L. ironia, Gr. ? dissimulation, fr. ? a
dissembler in speech, fr. ? to speak; perh. akin to E. word:
cf. F. ironie.]

1. Dissimulation; ignorance feigned for the purpose of
    confounding or provoking an antagonist.

2. A sort of humor, ridicule, or light sarcasm, which adopts
    a mode of speech the meaning of which is contrary to the
    literal sense of the words.

1…nah…you meant 2… no you meant 1…no you meant 2… ARGH… whatever…

By the way… has anybody read my fic??

Whats a fic?

:wink:

heh heh…

ok…ya got me… :-&

cough cough

but seriously, give the fic a try…please?

[b]Irony \I"ron*y, n.[L. ironia, Gr. ? dissimulation, fr. ? a
dissembler in speech, fr. ? to speak; perh. akin to E. word:
cf. F. ironie.]

1. Dissimulation; ignorance feigned for the purpose of
    confounding or provoking an antagonist.

2. A sort of humor, ridicule, or light sarcasm, which adopts
    a mode of speech the meaning of which is contrary to the
    literal sense of the words.

1…nah…you meant 2… no you meant 1…no you meant 2… ARGH… whatever…

By the way… has anybody read my fic?? [/b]

I am giving your fic a try, but that was way out of context.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
I am giving your fic a try, but that was way out of context.

heh heh…it IS out of context…

you must forgive me… I’ve been reading RPGdude’s fics…

:wink:

Yes, I’m reading it now, starting with rereading chapter one more closely. I love this line:

“Great. even my grandpa expects me to be like dad. almighty gunblade warrior…sigh…I should have been born a duck or something.”

There seems to be a problem with punctuation, but on that I’m guessing that ff.net’s uploading messed with some of your “…”. I’ve seen that happen before.

yeah…thats because of ff.net’s way of handling “…”

well…i am working on fixing that… i think that problem disappears after chapter 10 or so…

I’ll get to work on the ones before that…

Thanks for reading

:slight_smile:

It’s a nice one, though I’m currently wondering where Squall and the others are.
At first, I was rather worried that it would be a Mary Sue/Gary Stuart (self-insertion with superpowers), but it’s clearly not the case with all the mistakes the characters do.

Apart from the punctuation there’s some capital letter errors here and there which you might want to look out for if you rewrite/reupload stuff, like:

“Ok, hold on to yer Asses boys!”

No need for capital A there in asses. And when you write “Ok”, both letters should be capital; “OK”, since it’s short for okay. Preferably though, write “Okay” and not only the short.
Also, try not to repeat yourself too much, like in chapter one when Ralafen and Sifan fought. It was a nice battle, but try not to just use their names all the time. Work around that, for example with short descriptions such as “the redhaired warrior” and so on. Here as well:

“We are inside the lower deck of the ship. Monsters have infested the ship everywhere including the upper deck. We are afraid we will be trapped here unless the ship is cleared of monsters. There is a broken oar on the left side of the ship. Please park your hovercrafts there, as it is nearest to the part of the ship where we are stranded. Under the ship head are a few items that may be of use to you.”

Ship, ship, ship, ship, ship, ship, ship, ship, ship… see?

heh heh sorry about the capital ‘A’ in the asses thing…i guess i got a bit carried away…

well yeah wow…i mean i didnt notice any of that… well sadly because no one reviewd till chp 10 with any constructive OR destructive criticism

ok…I’ll re- scan my chapters… and get to work on smoothing out the rough edges… Thanks a bunCH for pointing out…

please let me know what you thought, once youre done reading (whatever chapter u stop reading at…)

till then, i ll leave you alone. :slight_smile:

OMG why didnt i see that? whoa…I’ll kick most of the ‘ships’ out… :slight_smile:

Yea, I ditto the ships part, that’s crazy. It’s similar to when I was a kid and my teacher wrote a paragraph on the board to explain how commas are used, and that instead of using the word “and” over and over again, you could use a comma.

Write stuff up in MSWord, and utilize the synonym function. Believe me, it’s awfully handy.

ok…thanks for the tip sorcerer…

I’ll work on that…

keep reading… thanks…

I double posted a certain chapter twice… i posted chp 19 in place of 17 and it repeated again at chp19… so there was NO chp 17

well i fixed that so please check that out…

sorry for the mixup

:frowning: