My avatar found its way into someone else's sig...

Whilst investigating my referer logs, I found this page:

http://pub70.ezboard.com/fanshariaforumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=411.topic

Should I say anything? I think it’s kinda cool myself…

unregistered users not allowed to view page

Same. ;__; :too bad;

Originally posted by Rast
[b]Whilst investigating my referer logs, I found this page:

http://pub70.ezboard.com/fanshariaforumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=411.topic

Should I say anything? I think it’s kinda cool myself… [/b]

Isn’t your avatar a sprite from a game? So it isn’t really that unique… It’s just that some other person finds the picture as cool as you do I guess.

That EZBoard is fucked up. It took me a minute to realize that it wasn’t some livejournal crap.

Accualy, i belive Rast’s is a recolor…maybe someone used it not knowing that.

What is it meant to show, just Rast’s avatar. Yeah, so someone used it, what’s the big deal ? It isn’t even on RPGC! So again what is the point?

Hope I’m not in any danger of someone stealing my current avatar…

Originally posted by SpoonyBard
Hope I’m not in any danger of someone stealing my current avatar…

Don’t tempt me.

Originally posted by Heaven’s Soldier
What is it meant to show, just Rast’s avatar. Yeah, so someone used it, what’s the big deal ? It isn’t even on RPGC! So again what is the point?

Well, assuming it is Rast’s and he made it/recolored it, under the intellecutal copyright law, it’s his, and this guy is infringing upon his copyright.

But like he said, he thinks it’s kinda cool, but he isn’t sure if he should say anything about it because, my guess is because he doesn’t know what his reaction will be. I’d say read some of his posts to find out if he’s a relativly nice guy and if it bothers you ask him to remove it politly, and if he isn’t a nice guy I’d say do it a little bit in a stronger sense, but still in a polite manner.

I don’t care that they used it, I just care because they linked directly to the file on my server instead of downloading it and then uploading it to their own webserver (I specifically ask people not to direct-link)

Change the filename, then update all the places on your site and sigs that use the image. That’ll do it.:wave: