Music Check 2 ;D

I do. There’s nothing in it now, cos someone took my vac-cum cleaner.

I’m sure you can figure out some way to please yourself now that Hooverina is at the dump. Try saftey pins, I hear it’s all the rage in the middle east and asia.

Zep WINS.

Also Jurassic 5 and Shakkazombie (did the tune to Tainted Donuts) are awesome.

Coldcut - More Beats and Pieces (live in Koln)
It’s the most awesome session threy ever did. I mean it. :smiley:

Amon Tobin - Verbal
No actual discernable words, but still a cool beat.

Anything by Mr Scruff. I have his album Trouser Jazz I can burn and give to you sometime. He’s just damned funny. :smiley:

Cypress Hil y’all

their new album is pretty sweet (this coming from a metalhead)

Shakkazombie! Yes!

Evangelion - VOX

Yes, it’s rap. Yes, it’s in english. Yes, it puts mainstream rap to shame. No, it’s not danceable, but yes, it’s extremely vibe-able. And yes, the word “nigger” is only said once on the entire soundtrack. This is the most polished rap I’ve ever heard, high quality stuff. It’s worth a listen. (There IS japanese dialogue in the background of some of the songs though, so if you can’t stand that, then stay away. It’s also a little too peppy for some people. If you like hearing about fucking whores and killing cops, this isn’t for you.)

Not Exacly fits, but the The Tribes Albums “Take back the Beat” and “Raise Your Game” (both Availble at www.messagetrading.co.uk) and thebandwithnoname Album, “The Blitz” (www.thebandwithnoname.com) are Bit dancey, bit Rap-py and R’n’B-ish.

Big Nutter
You can not find these on Kazaa and WinMX.

Group X: hilarious.

http://www.groupxarab.com/

Organized Ryhme :slight_smile:

Also, I’m not too familiar, but I’ve heard that Jedi Mind Tricks and A Tribe Called Quest are good groups.

Not being into much hip-hop I would have to recommend the Swollen Members. I would suggest you try out “Breath” featuring Nelly Furtado, “Adrenaline” or “Lady Venom”.

I’ve had Lady Venom for nearly two years, I love that song :yipee:

Anyways, I expected some input from Sorc, yay, and I’m happy to say, a lot of those listed songs, I already have, but I’m definately going to go through them all. That’s not to say I disregard everyone else, cuz I’m gonna check out all of that too. I’ve got lots to play with for now, thanks muchly, people.

Leave it to the Englishman to have the best taste…how popular is ninja tune in britain anyway? I mean, I know it’s a british label and all…just wondering if it was significantly well known over there…outside of a select group of electronica freaks I know, nobody seems to know them over here.

Originally posted by <b>Dragons Revenge</b><br>RAP=Retards Attempting Poetry

And how much more difficult is it to jam on a guitar with an E-A-B7 rock progression? I could teach that to someone who’s never touched a guitar before in 15 minutes, throw in some lyrics about how your girlfriend broke up with you, and bam, you’ve got a rock song in just under an hour. It might not be a top 40 single, but you know what…you could probably teach someone to rap in just under an hour too, but it wouldn’t sound like people who, you know…have spent years honing their talent and can whip out a mad freestyle that actually says something.

That said, quit trolling here. The title of the thread was not “tell me whether or not you like hiphop”, it was a person looking to explore an unfamiliar genre and asking for help, and we don’t need noobs like you who think they can boost their post count (and thereby also increase their penis size) by spouting your overused, sorta-but-not-quite-amusing, and semi-racist aphorisms on music. Sure, maybe you aren’t consciously being a bigot, and you’re probably just saying it to try and be funny, but I, and I’m sure others here, don’t find it funny when you associate a form of music…no, not just music, but a cultural identity with “retards” you leave yourself open to interpretation. Now, go and listen to some of the music we suggested and stop pretending you understand hiphop cause you heard a few songs on the radio.

As someone who has listened to the genre for at least several years but never really learned about various artists and specific titles, I found this thread to be really helpful.

Yeah, rap is just as valid as any other type of music Dragon’s Revenge. Remember when I tried to get Hades off your back in the “What do you like out of RPGs” Thread (And he eventually did get off your back, because hades is pretty cool :D)? I told him “No one forces you to read or post in these threads, so don’t.” Take this advice.

ANYWAYS, that being said…

Sorcerer got most of what I would have put down, but don’t overlook these either:

Montell Jordan - This is how we do it

Quad City DJs - The train song (I fucking forgot what it was called :stuck_out_tongue: just look for theQuad City DJs on a filesharing, and you’ll find it, it’s their one-hit-wonder song)

Earth, Wind, & Fire - Let’s Groove

Earth, Wind, & Fire - September

Meaty Cheesy Boys - Ultimate Cheeseburger (Seriously. And if you can’t find it, hit me up on Mirc)

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back

And that’s all. Make sure you have everything Sorcerer reccomended too, it’s pretty much all good stuff.

Oh yeah, SG gettin’ down with the OLD SCHOOL

Though I think you’re a bit ahead of hiphop’s time there with earth wind and fire. They were definitely part of the disco/funk movement, and probably more closely aligned with the early formations of (soulful or left-field) House music than hiphop. But eh, good shit nonetheless. In the tradition of old school hiphop, you might also want to check out

Grandmaster Flash - The Message
Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

and something new but with a different twist…

Roots Manuva - Run Come Save Me (for a twist on hiphop across the ocean and with a splattering of dub-influence)

Sweet jesus, and you can’t possibly ignore Run DMC. The grandfathers of modern day…everything, actually :smiley:

Heh, yeah Zepp :stuck_out_tongue: I just selected some Earth Wind & Fire cos she said that she wanted something she could dance too. And if there ever was a musical group that made easy stuff to dance to, it was probably them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha I have most of the songs you mentioned, SG. I iz happy I’m not completely out of it ^^ I’ve been dancing to Baby Got Back for years.

That being said, yes I LOVE oldschool. And Run DMC. I should have stated that in my original post. Who doesn’t love getting down with the old school.

Get ‘Intergalactic (Soulwax Remix)’ by the Beasty Boys. A better scratched-up tune is yet to be made. Also Walk This Way by RMDC and Aerosmith. But then, you probably knew that already. :stuck_out_tongue: