Movies you watch like a thousand times.

Last night, as I was watching The Godfather 2 for what might be the twenty-fifth time, it occurred to me that I already knew about every single line and gesture in that movie, same as I did with the other two. It also occurred to me that it was also the case with other titles such as The Hunt for Red October, The Rock, Back to the Future, The Ten Commandments (The 1956 one), Spartacus (1960), and on a different genre, Disney’s Aladdin and The Sword in the Stone, just to name a few. I’m not certain why I still watch these movies or why I still get as excited as I did when I watched them the first time.

I’m sure I can’t be the only one here who does this. What films do you watch until your retinas burn?

Fight Club, Super Troopers, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Space Balls, Star Wars 4 5 and 6, Rock Star, Reservoir Dog, Blow, Requiem for a Dream and Pirates of the Carribean.

Any and all Mel Brooks movies.

Duck Tales the Movie, Little Nemo, and Tron.

The Motorcycle Diaries and Kiki’s Delivery Service

Oh, I love the Sword in the Stone!

The only one I’ve watched enough to qualify for this would be Office Space. If you haven’t seen it, get a job and then see it.

There was a time where I didnt have cable and the only entertainment I had was a PS2 and a VCR. The only thing I basicaly watched was Resident Evil, The Sixth Sense, Bedazzled, and Interview With The Vampire,…everyday for 4-5 months. Although I have cable now, to this day I still havent gotten tired of watching them. Just not as frequently.

Big Daddy, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Girl Next Door, The Boondock Saints

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Naked Lunch, Star Wars (4,5 and 6), practically all the Godzilla movies I own, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction

Fight Club, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Blues Brothers, The Big Lebowski, The Princess Bride, and Tupac Resurrection are all movies I have seen many times and still go back and rewatch.

Fight Club, Garden State, and my Miyazaki Collection.

I can watch Anchorman over and over and over again, and it’s still awesome. That’s pretty much the only movie I can stand watching more than twice.

The Dollars Trilogy and the original Star Wars Trilogy.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Pirates of the Caribean are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Rocky I, II, III, IV and V - saw at least three times. Atom Egoyan’s Exotica, I “consumed” on many occasions. Well, to be more accurate, I watched the film twice in it’s entirety. But there is one scene that I could watch non-stop forever – Christina dancing and Leonard Cohen’s “Everybody Knows” playing in the background.

I have seen Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas more than 100 times…literally. During the summer when i had nothing better to do i would watch that movie, and i would never get sick of watching it, because i would watch it over and over again. I have basically memorized the movie. :slight_smile: Any who, thats the only major one, the others like Edward Scissor Hand and The Crow i have at least seen 20 times.

^^’ How could I have forgotten Fear and Loathing!

Office Space, any of the Road Warrior films, and John Carpenter’s remake of The Thing are movies I’ve seen enough to know almost all the dialogue by heart.

Cowboy Bebop.

Until it got left out and scratched to DEATH (Seriously, two awesome scenes are just GONE, and the 5 minutes before that are missing sounds and glitchy), I’d watch it at least once a week.

At LEAST. <<

Oh I forgot The Thing and The Shining, I watch those movies over and over…never get tired of them.