mother of christ -_-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-3585273,00.html

Isn’t royalty supposed to be, like, leading a country, or at least making it a better place to live (like helping the poor, etc)?

Some people…:noway:

Oh, dear God. Animals are treated too much like humans nowadays.

Royalty just signs papers and wear expensive clothes nowadays. PMs do all of that.

Our royalty sucks. I want the Belgian (I think it’s Belgiam) royalty instead.

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Royalty just signs papers and wear expensive clothes nowadays. PMs do all of that.

I thought the job of the Prime Minister was to ascvt all evil and stuff and then kill the King and tak eover the kingdom.

Originally posted by d Galloway
Oh, dear God. Animals are treated too much like humans nowadays.

He’s a murderer. He should be sent to a dungeon under the basement of the royal palace instead of going to a psychologist.

The royal family has no power in England at all anymore. They’re just here for show.

Exactly. They need to be known somehow

The royal family has no power in England at all anymore. They’re just here for show.

And to use up huge amounts of tax payers money that could be better spent on things like the health service which is falling apart.

Well I don’t pay my taxes, so I wouldn’t know :P.

Did anybody see that Tony Robinson program the other day that claimed that the true King of England was, in fact, a working-class guy from Australia? I bet HE wouldn’t waste taxpayers’ money on sending animals to psychologists. I bet HE would actually be a decent and respectable animal owner, for that matter. 3 times in 18 months is enough to convince me that maybe Princess Anne should choose a different type of pet to look after. :thud:

Originally posted by Nebagram
Did anybody see that Tony Robinson program the other day that claimed that the true King of England was, in fact, a working-class guy from Australia?

no.

Did anybody see that Tony Robinson program the other day that claimed that the true King of England was, in fact, a working-class guy from Australia?

I think I saw the end of it, but I missed the bit about why he was the true King of England. Was it something to do with an illegitimate King a few hundred years ago?

Yep. Apparently, Edward IV was illegitimate. You can tell easily, as the date given for his conception is 11 1/2 months before he was born. :thud: Apparently, this thusly makes Henry VII’s claim illegitimate as the woman he married is descended from the bastard Edward.

…Unfortunately for the Aussie guy, Henry VII himself was a legitimate claimant to the throne (I think one of his grandparents was supposed to have been illegitimate, but was in fact legitimised by the Pope) so ol’ Baldrick’s theory doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Pity, that. :too bad;

And I thought Baldrick was always right, what with his cunning plans and all.

For those who think the royal family should go: without a king, it wouldn’t be a KINGdom. So, without a king, it would be U instead of UK =p

It would just be a plain “nation” instead of “kingdom” huh? That would make things a bit confusing. :stuck_out_tongue:

sigh

The world is sinking even lower.