Most annoying part of anime?

I was talking about the “capable of fighting” comment. But still, what you just said is right, I usually watch one of every four episodes since I can just hear what happened thanks to the morbidly repetitive flashbacks.

I think that is one of the single most hated parts of anime, period.

“Get in the big robot and save these people from grisly ashyxiation in the coldness of space.”
“But I don’t want to fight.”

That’s why Shani et al were better characters than Kira.

“Get in the big robot and blow up these losers.”
“Okay! YAAAAAARGH!”

Get back to us when you’ve seen 90% of the stuff created.

Ok, for my part, the element I see in shows that annoys me the most is…the stock characters. There are some shows that have characters that you KNOW you’ve seen elsewhere before. This doesn’t mean that every robot pilot is a knockoff of someone from a Gundam series. I’m talking mainly the side-characters. The schoolgirl with glasses that serves no purpose other than to draw in the fetish crowd. The hyperactive hero with spiky hair. And so on.

Since when was that overdone??? ::dekar!::

I like it when they blow the shit out of neo tokyo, for some reason that never gets old.

Whats kinda annoying is those anime’s about one 18 year old boy living with like, 7 girls, half who are underage and won’t have sex with him. Love Hina was kinda funny, but there are a lot of rip offs of it. Tenchi was like this, only the 7 girls wanted to have sex with him, yet he failed to knock up a total of zero alien space women

Wait, I hope you not thinking tenchi is a rip off of love hina?

Anyway, your just jealous, cos You know you’ll never find yourself in such a situation. I know I am. :frowning:

Never understood that series. Never watched it either. As I understand it Tenchi was designed as a formless milquetoast so that teenager boys watching the show could substitute him for themselves. How right am I?

Worst part: The fact that Animes are often produced AT THE SAME TIME as the Manga (comic book) they’re based on is STILL BEING WRITTEN! As a result, the TV version has to delay the story while the Manga catches up, by: a) interrupting the story by having the characters suddenly trusted into ANOTHER quest (written up by the TV people) while leaving the more important one for later (see Yu-Gi-Oh) or stretch events to ridiculous lenghts by having the characters talk and talk and talk for SEVERAL episodes!! (see DBZ.) Can’t they just WAIT until a story arc in the comics is COMPLETED, then animate the next one NEXT season??? > <

Best Part (To be fair): The fact most animes take themselves seriously, and actually BOTHER to have good plots, characterization, and even drama! (Compare most American cartoons.)

It wasnt an innuendo filled harem anime like Love Hina. There was quite a bit more going on. They actually had reason to be there, as cooincidental as it may seem. Plus their being there was just part of an overall larger plot, that I dont remember cos it’s been years since I’ve seen it.

Of course, because Gundam is the ONLY superrobot series to ever exist.

Besides, in the end it was only Ayeka and Ryoko were fighting over him.

But it’s the most well know, so of course people are going to measure others up against it. Star Wars isn’t the only sci-fi film either, but everything gets compared to that anyway.

Actually it’s more like “Spend 5-10 minutes explaining what you are fighting for and why before you begin.”

Yeah, man, they had like, space lasers and shit

It bothers me a lot of anime is really low budget. Also in many of them, events happen that are not important in the main plot. You really get the feel that you are sitting down waiting for something to happen.

Another thing…and this is notorious in DBZ and animes like that, is that a period of several years can just fly by in one episode, yet it takes friggin’ 15 to do a fight i.e. Frieza or Cell when they say they’ve only fought for 5-10 minutes. 15 episodes to do 5-10 minutes of fighting…waste of time if you ask me.

Off topic- dragon ball did not start as anime

Yes, we know it started as a Manga. At least 2/3 of every anime ever started as a Manga. What’s your point?

Kagome shooting that arrow only now and again is the dumbing down I’ve seen. i.e. One of the episodes with Kagura, Inuyasha’s techniques aren’t working out so well and Kagome’s standing there yelling “Watch out Inuyasha” and thinking what can I do to help.