most annoying part of a FF game

I do not want to be rude but A.) you can get all the cards on the final disk. B.) you do have control over the rules: got a rule you hate? go to 3rd floor of Garden and challenge the guy before going onto elevator to controls and continue denying to play with new rules util you get the option along the lines of - “you’re challenging me?”. C.) just play the person immediately again and you have the chance to win back the good card. on the topic of FFX…I hate that one for a good reason. they changed their basis completely. the main characters “girl friend” didn’t get killed or kid napped, the main boss is instantly known and the battle system made the game a bit too easy. The most annoying thing I have ever been through was two things on FF7 and FF9, respectively: defeating all the weapons, getting Excalibur 2 and defeating osmose (dam little “rams” pissed me off)

I don’t quite see for myself how those three things are proof of the game “changing its basis.” Especially the first part? So WHAT she isn’t killed or kidnapped? Actually, certain parts of the game seem close enough to that for me. Mostly in Bevelle and being forced to marry Seymour. It’s close enough for me, anyway.

Oh, and sorry to nitpick but: Ozma, not osmose. Osmose is the spell of MP draining. Ozma is the giant multicolored orb monster guy. And the little rams are called Yans.

A) I know you can get all the cards later, but that’s even more boring, because you have to do it all at once, when all you wanna do is defeat the final boss. B) And I know you can manipulate the rules, there are FAQs on that, but the complicated process says to me that Square didn’t think that you should. C) And if you do try to get the card back, you stand an even greater risk of losing another card because now you’re out a good card.
And you’re wrong about FF10. There is a part where Yuna gets kidnapped by the Al Bhed.

[QUOTE=Valkyrie Esker]I Especially the first part? So WHAT she isn’t killed or kidnapped? Actually, certain parts of the game seem close enough to that.

yeah i agree and the part when Tidus finds out in Home about summoners (after Yuna gets kidnapped by the way) and after that it is kind of about Yuna dying so it doesnt really change the basis

Man, y’all sound pathetic. :stuck_out_tongue: I only do the side quests that give me good things and dont take half a lifetime to accomplish. Fuck that EX game bullshit. I finished it, i’m done.

if thats wat you like to do fine but with games getting dearer and dearer i would rather buy a good game and take time to finish it properly,then talk about it on this forum & if everyone ignored the hard side quests game designers wouldnt put them in so im not the only one who likes to complete the game properly:enguard:

I generally try to do as many side quests as I can until I reach a point where I think the designers only put it in a) to artificially extend gameplay time without actually introducing any new gameplay, e.g. forcing me to collect 500 items, accomplish something which randomly activates at a rate of 4%, or level up 15 levels to complete it; or b) because they’re sadists.

my point exactly besides most (stress most) are OK to play its only the odd one that is annoying :smiley:

Most annoying parts that I would say is the jump rope in ffIX, ffVIII the card game and the chocobo quest stuff also ffX and 10-2 for blitzball.

Ohya the wall boss in ffIV damn thing pisses me off

O Crap blitzball was so hard after wakka wasn’t in omg

i started to get annoyed with FFIX and the card because i got obsessed with getting the rare cards and not losing good cards but never finding them

Let’s not forget getting the Adamant Armor in FFIV.

The trances in Final Fantasy IX really annoyed me. End of the battle one more hit will finish the enemy, WHY DON’T WE TRANCE!?

Because the unreliability of Trance was what made up for it’s sheer uber-powered-ness. Really. Can you imagine how easy that game would be if you could save up Trance and use it anywhere?

I know what you mean.The worst was whenever you were training for a big boss fight and a small monster activates someones trance.that was annoying:ulty:

Optional quests are alright, as long as they are optional. No way in hell I’d go collecting the FF cards for instance. Now if I want to keep playing the Ancient Cave in Lufia II, power to the (optional) masochist!

That really isn’t the only thing I don’t like about trance, but it’s the biggest.

The most annoying part of any FF game for me has to be the final bouts in FFVIII. I didn’t (ant still don’t) know how to synthisize better weapons, so I got through the game with all the original weapons, and it was a pain in the butt!