Most annoying cliche

Not in public. Only in a very private place.

Eh, guys, this is a thread to say what cliche annoys YOU the most, not a debate over the violence and sex in anime. Is it the typical pure-hearted klutz getting all the air time, or the robot/hybrid/alien girlfriend of the main character? Or overly angsty scenes?

Oh. In that case, I hate a love-hate couple who spend the whole series trying to tie/sever eachother into/out of an affair. Why not just dump eachother and get someone they’d REALLY like?

What annoys me the most in anime is the usual pervert-type, generally an old man, who is a real pig, keeps chasing girls around and has a collection of indecent literature hidden in his home.

I don’t know then… anime really doesn’t bother me…:wink:

I duuno… nudity in animes doesn’t really bother me. Well, when it is really exessive nudity that caters to fan boys, then it just makes me angry that there aren’t more nude bishounen scenes. :frowning:
Anyway, the most annoying anime cliche for me is the ditzy/innocent female main character that gets practically the entire show to herself and destroys the concepts of many yaoi relationships (i.e. gets all the bishounen to herself). Think Usagi from Sailormoon or Miaka from Fushigi Yugi. I just want to kill them! Grrrrrr!!! :fungah:

Originally posted by Manus Dei
A person’s uncovered form is intimate, personal, unique… it shouldn’t be revealed without a strong reason.

I disagree completely. Displaying human forms for others to see is part of the human mating ritual. It is perfectly natural. If someone wishes to expose themself, then they should have the right to do so.

Another annoying thing…

Bad mecha designs (Giant Robo, specifically, Giant Robo’s Egyptian Head)

Originally posted by Igatona
[b]Another annoying thing…

Bad mecha designs (Giant Robo, specifically, Giant Robo’s Egyptian Head) [/b]

The Tauros on Gundam Wing.

PS: I know it has nothing to do with this but would you believe that in a farm town in the midle of my country (A particular region where there is ABSOLUTELY nothing), there is a town that has a 7 meters tall stone Mazinger on the central plaza?

Self modesty and culture are two different things, Manus.What may not be appropriate here may be perfectly okay to do/say/see somewheres else.And it’s only anime anyways.Anime is just…like that (sometimes).Nudity can be quite an art form to many many people (not to myself, though).And plus, children aren’t ALWAYS exposed to that type of stuff.Parents, anyone?:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, my opinion would have to be the personalities that in a certain anime.The same basic property is used A LOT in certain anime…such as, there is usually one male hero, hell bent on saving whatever they believe in, and this is persona.And the helpess(sometimes) female, love interest to the leading male.Then there’s always the stoic, armed with a long sword guy who is going to change his morals and struggle with identity crisis, whether or not he should kill anymore…I’ve seen plenty of examples of the “cute” little girl-turned-annoying and so on and so forth.They run out of ideas for characters, I tell ya!

I agree. That character style recycling is making things boring and predictable… As for exposed bodies, I know that the Japanese see things in a slightly different way, and I respect that, but what I mean is that sometimes, they exaggerate.

And I really hate pervert anime characters! Most of them can’t even be funny… they’re just annoying.

Why are you watching them, then?:stuck_out_tongue:

what i cannot stand are animes with either a) no plot or b) a bad plot. if it doesn’t have a good story, then what’s the point of watching it?

Isn’t nuriko in FY gay?

Originally posted by Manus Dei
As for exposed bodies, I know that the Japanese see things in a slightly different way, and I respect that, but what I mean is that sometimes, they exaggerate.

What is the matter with that? Plenty of art, from many different parts of the world and times in history, exaggerates the human shape. Do you fear that a young mind might be ‘corrupted’ in his or her view of the human body because of such Anime?

Isn’t nuriko in FY gay?

Yep. Makes for some great yaoi. ^.^

Iiiindeed.

Another cliche I dislike is too much angst. Drama is good, but not if it’s exaggerated. And especially if the scene just comes out of nowhere like “time for an ‘I’m sad’ scene.”

well come to think of it… I hate those scenes where its too dramatic, right MBG?

Angst is good.