Mosh Pits

I stopped going into moshpits, when other people’s blood kept getting on my shirt.

you can always tell me at a gig… i’m the one at the end that’s looking for her missing shoe untill i eventually give up the search and take one that isn’t mine…I now have 7 pairs of odd shoes one of which used to be my favourite pair of vans!!.. last gig i went to i came up with an ingenius way to stop this …duct tape… at leeds festival this year i’m going to accesseries my entire outfit to match my blue duct tape…

All I can say is: WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?

In spite of all your “it was cool and all” comments, I feel an urge to detonate a nuclear device in the middle of rock concerts now. This kind of stupid crap is why Fundamentalists think rock and roll is from Satan.

That has to be one of the stupidest fucking things I’ve ever heard, Chris. They thought jazz was Satan because of all the evil sexual innuendo, they thought Elvis was Satan because of how he moved and how he used his voice, and they thought metal was Satan simply because it was LOUD. They don’t know what goes on during rock concerts because they have never been to one and never will, they will only have hearsay.

lmao… you could always tie your shoes up so they won’t slip of your feet during the gig… but ducttape… sounds like a plan also…

The US is the big Satan
-Phil Anselmo

Duct tape is liek the force, it has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it holds the universe together.

That and it’s like, the universal solution to all of our problems. I’d bed duct tape could bring on world peace…

tie??? i can’t tie my shoes… i’d be beaten to death… where i live tieing shoes and wearing blink (yuk) hoodies are social no nos.

DUCT TAPE SHALL RULE THE WORLD!!! MUWWWAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

You’re from London Nakor?

íf not then please disregard the following:

hmm… very open minded… like what does it matter if you tie your shoes… that doesn’t really change your appearance does it? It’s not like the first thing you notice about someone is if that persons shoes are tied or not… especially not in a friggin moshpit…

prolly that damn english attitude… I heard some rumors that the english “alternative” (and with that I mean those who apreciate metal and the likes) crowd are total assholes towards anyone who doesn’t do exactly the same as they do (it would explain the ‘be beaten to death’ thing) … Please don’t be offended by this… It’s just something I heard…

Well NOT tying your shoes when you have long laces sounds like a fucking stupid thing to do, period. I don’t have to tie my boots because they won’t fall off and the laces aren’t too long, but damnit- I still do… it’s just common sense.

“If you can’t fix it, duct it. If you can’t duct it, fuck it.”

I heard that somewhere and it seemed relevant. :slight_smile:

yay! Loki Je t’aime!

Once, I was attacked on the outskirts of a mosh pit at a Metallica concert (Reload Tour, 1998); some fellow who had had a little too much booze and/or drugs thought that I had groped his girlfriend and attacked me. For the record, I may actually have touched his girlfriend, but certainly not intentionally; most likely, I was shoved into her in the midst of the pit. Anyhow, he suddenly came out of the crowd and began to shove me around. I defended myself and did not run away, but I did not fight back. I also tried to tell him that I had done nothing wilfully against him, but he did not want to listen. Eventually his friends calmed him down and he let me go. I reported him to security and, having had enough of the mosh pit, I sat in the seats and watched the rest of the show there. Since I did not enjoy the concert that much, it did not displease me to be at the distance at which I found myself.

On the whole, I favour groovy and flowing mosh pits over violent ones.

The gigs i go to attract alot of trouble makers most of which are people that think everyone else is a trendy so if you’re not dressed right they start on you or skallies that just like to cause trouble… this usually happens to me because they ask me for a light and they think i’m lying when i say that i don’t smoke.
And yes most english that are in to metal (mostly goth metal or dark metal… whatever they call it) are assholes and with me being classed as a ‘skater-punk’ (I hate lables) they already dislike me so i try to avoid attracting their attention.