More FF XII details/screenshots

Originally posted by Neb
[b]-Quite true, Tidus had to be the hero who spent the most time in the background of the story :thud:

as for setting FFXII in Ivalice, I reckon this could be a good move- if it has a similar job system to FFT-A, with the interaction of the different races and all- it could be one of the most engrossing FFs of the lot. And, I’m hoping that some (if not a whole shitload) of dark, murky past emerges in the lead character… at the moment he STILL looks like a Tidus-clone, but the news that his parents both died violently is promising, in a kind of :mwahaha: way. :wink: The game is definitely showing more promise from what I read today, I’m now looking forward to it almost as much as I am FF:CC :slight_smile:

And putting leg irons on Moogles? Classic :mwahaha: [/b]

I agree with all of that, except for the part about looking forward to FF:CC, which I don’t.

Again, if they pull off the setting correctly, I think it will be great, but if they do it the same way as FFTA…

Androgynous (pronounced “androjinus”) means gender-neutral in appearance. Thus an androgynous character looks like they could be either male or female. I think that both of the characters are this way. If you take Vaan’s face, put it on a woman’s body, and give it long, flowing hair, it would look like a chick, no questions asked. Similarly, put Ashe’s face on a guy’s body, give her a male hairdo and a more focused expression, and she’d look like a guy.

That’s not to say that there’s anything wrong with how either of them look now, only if it were me, I’d give Ashe bigger boobs.

I think the reason that a lot of Square’s characters look alike is that they probably reuse character models rather than make new ones.

I dunno 'bout that big boobs part, it seems the only FF character with big boobs that everyone doesent make fun of is Lulu…

The thing is, she has small boobs now. The average girl has bigger boobs than that. I’m not even saying they should be sextoy-huge, but I definately think that they can stand to be larger.

You can say that yes, Square has already conceded to make Ashe eyecandy by giving her the short skirt that she’s wearing, but I don’t think it would hurt to additionally give her more nominally sized breasts.

Why do you care so much about the appearance of the characters? It’d be cooler if all the characters were like, not textured, and were all boxes like in the N64. Heh, boxes with swords, and magic… that’s sweet.

ehh, yeah, i looked at allt he screenshots, but they arent abnormally small. She just needs a few estrogen shots, thats all.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Why do you care so much about the appearance of the characters? It’d be cooler if all the characters were like, not textured, and were all boxes like in the N64. Heh, boxes with swords, and magic… that’s sweet.

Or like sprite graphics? I’m actually a proponent of sprite graphics (which you’ll see if you check some of my older threads). I don’t have a problem with low-key or simple representational graphics. However, if the graphics are detailed, but I don’t like how they are done, I see no problem with making an issue of it.

Originally posted by Ivan
Or like sprite graphics? I’m actually a proponent of sprite graphics (which you’ll see if you check some of my older threads). I don’t have a problem with low-key or simple representational graphics. However, if the graphics are detailed, but I don’t like how they are done, I see no problem with making an issue of it.

…Or, better yet, just a black square with a sword fighting off evil mutant ducks :wink:

The big boob issue went out the door after FF7. Rinoa, Garnet, and Yuna all seemed to be what you guys classify as “small” I guess. Apprently they’ll resume this tradition with Ashe as well.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Damn, those shots look nice! The lead looks way too androgynous for me though. -_-

I don’t mind the androgyny, I just hope he isn’t as half as annoying and stupid as Tidus or Zell were. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Oh, and the “big boobs” issue: stop worrying about it. Its stupid and has absolutely NOTHING to do with gameplay whatsoever. What happened to the days when people actually worried about the damned game rather than a character’s fracking measurements? -_-

Originally posted by Evangelion
The big boob issue went out the door after FF7. Rinoa, Garnet, and Yuna all seemed to be what you guys classify as “small” I guess. Apprently they’ll resume this tradition with Ashe as well.

Garnet didn’t have small breasts. And because she was slight of build, they actually looked well-sized. Rinoa had normal sized breasts, and besides, they fit her overall character appearance. And I still think that Ashe’s breasts are too small.

She so did! She was like…chibi-ish so if they gave her the impression that she had big breasts she’d topple over. Well now you’ve spurred on my curiousity so next time I see a picture of Garnet, I’ll see who is right then nods

God, you people seriously have too much freetime.

How can you be attracted to pixels?

I think the game looks good but I don’t want to play a game where the hero looks like Michael Jackson.

That is a no-no.

Originally posted by Evangelion
She so did! She was like…chibi-ish so if they gave her the impression that she had big breasts she’d topple over. Well now you’ve spurred on my curiousity so next time I see a picture of Garnet, I’ll see who is right then nods

We have a different defintion of what “big” is then I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Ave Destron
I think the game looks good but I don’t want to play a game where the hero looks like Michael Jackson.

Yeah his face might cave in half way during the game or something…sorry this is me being mean from spending too much time on other message boards >.>

Originally posted by Nightblade
How can you be attracted to pixels?

Same reason as people can be attracted to hentai pictures. And besides as graphics grow better and better, that attraction will become far more widespread, since when we get to a point where graphics look 100% real no one will care whether it is real or not.

Originally posted by Ave Destron
[b]I think the game looks good but I don’t want to play a game where the hero looks like Michael Jackson.

That is a no-no. [/b]

Michael Jackson got arrested for child molestation. Just thought you’d like to know.

Well i usually see it as appreciating a picture’s beauty, not being “attracted” to it. You can be attracted to the created personality, but like getting off on an anime or digital chick is just erm…

And yeah Nightblade I was gonna say that but I didn’t want to derailing the whole FF12 coming out thing to child molestation trials :stuck_out_tongue: