MKDS Rules and submission info

just to throw another comment in the thread, snaking may not be easy (i’m still learning) but why exactly did you make it illegal in the first place? my train of thought has jumped on the rails everyone else used…you don’t really want competition, you want to stick the game on easy mode, as it were. your incompetence should not stop anyone else having a bit of fun.

that’s what video games were created for, that is their reason for being. when someone imposes a bunch of new rules, the fun in the experience goes down a few notches.

besides, it’s racing! Speed is the whole point in a racing game! well, speed coupled with handling the vehicle, which i understand is harder when your snaking. you’ve really got nothing to complain about unless you can’t take losing like a normal person.

I think i’ve played (and owned lololol) everyone from RPGC, and i play Worldwide frequently, yet i’ve NEVER seen anyone do this “snaking” thing. If they did snake, then i beat them anyway. It doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, nor does banning ROB, because he isn’t that great anyway.

How would snaking work well anyway? You’d have to use a player who has high drift? Or do you only do it on wide sections of track?

I think you use Toad with one of Bone’s carts for maximum DORIFTUUUUU. Not sure though.

You didn’t touch me yet, Dev. And it doesn’t matter who the driver is, I use Peach in the Bone Tank.

I myself use either bones or bowser in the tank for maximum DUUUUUUURRRRIIIIIFTTOOOOO!!! … and handling ^^

Also, isn’t it possible on some maps to just blow snakers off the course with a shell? If not that, then at least screw with their patterns? It seems like getting hit with a shell while constantly drifting would throw off your “groove.”

Provided you get that shell, and the groove is quickly restored in those situations, besides the lead a snaker can get over a non-snaker makes it necessary for a near stunlock sometimes to catch up.