Midgar Zolom

I haven’t managed to beat it first time round, although strangely enough I have managed to outrun it to the other side of the marsh without the aid of a chocobo.

I think the only reason was that there seemed to be some kind of glitch which had the effect of making it ignore me, it kept bouncing off the side nearest the chocobo ranch over and over and over again. However, it’s never done it since, last time I tried it beat me in what could have been no more than a minute.

It was all very sureal…

Originally posted by SilverStorm
I haven’t managed to beat it first time round, although strangely enough I have managed to outrun it to the other side of the marsh without the aid of a chocobo.

it’s not a glitch, i’ve done that too.

you just need to be INSANELY lucky.

I guess you’re right zhou, but I just thought it was odd how it ignored me.

shrugs oh well, no big deal.

On my very first time through the game, I spent ages leveling up, since I did not see the cavern entrance on the other side of the marsh, so I probably could have beaten him, but I never tried!!

Just because you’ve also done it doesn’t mean it’s not a glitch. 8p

The first time you face the Midgar Zolom (at the point where you get to the Chocobo Farm for the first time), you’re probably going to get killed in less than five rounds. I was never fortunate enough to get across the marsh without a chocobo. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, when I faced it after control goes from Cid to Cloud again, it took me just a few turns to kill it. It leaves the marsh temporarily, but then appears again.

I’ve been able to sort of out-run it to the other side too. Like it’s been said though, you have to be lucky.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Just because you’ve also done it doesn’t mean it’s not a glitch. 8p

i still say you need to be really lucky for that to happen…

Tried it once. All it has to do is use Beta on you the first time and you’re a sitting duck. I can’t quite remember what I did. I almost think I was stupid enough to get Level 3 limit breaks for Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris.

Ah, I remember now. Before fighting it, make sure all of your characters are on their limit break (Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris should be your pics). Have Aeris use Planet Protector followed by Meteorain and then all of Tifa’s Limits (her’s will do heavy damage). Providing Planet Protector holds out, you could be able to defeat him. But you have to level the limits of them to at least level 3.

If Cloud only has level 2, Climhazard should do the trick if you have a strong enough weapon (Hardedge would be the best at the time)

Speaking of limit breaks, has anyone here managed to get Aeris’ level 4 limit break “Great Gospel”? I have done it once and I’ve got to say once is enough. I got everyone’s level 3 limits by the time I reached Mt. Corel. Has anyone else done it?

:wave: I know this didn’t have anything to do with the Midgar Zolom, I was just curious.

Yeah, I did. I always make sure i’m overpowered, cuz I play games for the story, not for the irritation of getting killed :stuck_out_tongue: lol

I even found it quite normal to instantly equip RedXIII’s level four Limit Break when getting it in Nibelheim’s Shinra Mansion…

And I got Aeris’ Great Gospel too… But only saw it once cuz I HATE Aeris and always ban her from my team.

Yeah, Aeris sucked all her limits were for healing, what’s the point? She should of at least had one or two that could do some actual damage. I always ban her from my team too. In fact, I hate her so much that I often try to get the date with Tifa instead, apparently you can also get a date with Barret. I’m not quite sure if that last part is true, as I have no idea how you do it.

Yep, it’s true (you basically have to be nasty to all the other girls).

Anyhoo… Aeris’s later Limits are actually unbelievable (full healing + invincibility, instant Limit status for the other members). Too bad we never actually get to use them unless we go insane leveling up. >_<

:hmm:They might be good, but I still say that it would have been nice to see a damage producing limit for Aeris, even though she was more of a non-violent character. And her later limits take far too much time to get and are more trouble than they’re worth. By the time you’ve got them you only get a little time to use them before she goes and gets herself killed. ::doh::

They could have replaced “Seal Evil” I never used that and found it pointless, the only enemies it effected could either do next to no damage with magic, didn’t use any magic or were certain bosses (I think it worked on Demon’s Gate) who had back up/non-magic attacks that tended to do more damage anyway.

:noway:Bah…Aeris, who needs her?

:noway:Bah…Aeris, who needs her?
The same people who need General Leo

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
It never worked for me. And how did you get new Limit Breaks, I never understood that.

If you Equip Elemental-Fire to nullify Beta, his attacks will be the only damage he can do to you.:o

[b]:hmm:They might be good, but I still say that it would have been nice to see a damage producing limit for Aeris, even though she was more of a non-violent character. And her later limits take far too much time to get and are more trouble than they’re worth. By the time you’ve got them you only get a little time to use them before she goes and gets herself killed. ::doh::

They could have replaced “Seal Evil” I never used that and found it pointless, the only enemies it effected could either do next to no damage with magic, didn’t use any magic or were certain bosses (I think it worked on Demon’s Gate) who had back up/non-magic attacks that tended to do more damage anyway.

:noway:Bah…Aeris, who needs her? [/b]

Seal Evil works on the Turks in Gongaga:victoly:

And that is exactly why you get gamesharks to equip fun people like sephiroth and post-death Aeris on your team!!!

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Seal Evil works on the Turks in Gongaga:victoly:

Yeah, well, the Turks aren’t too tough anyway, last time I beat them in one move…I think. I had Barret, Cloud and Tifas lv3 limits and I used Ungarmax (spelling?) I think that’s the one, anyhoo, it’s the one that does loadsa hits.

Originally posted by Obadiah
And that is exactly why you get gamesharks to equip fun people like sephiroth and post-death Aeris on your team!!!

Aeris wasn’t fun!

Originally posted by Obadiah

stabs Obadiah amesharks are for the weak and helpless.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
stabs Obadiah amesharks are for the weak and helpless.

and those who have finished the game many times already and eventually get bored.