Metal Recommendations

Ok, so I’m bored, and I need something to do. Recommend me some good metal songs/bands to check out. You can probably leave out Sabbath, Metallica, and Megadeth; I’ve got those pretty much covered. I’ll take anything; grindcore, black metal, death metal, pixie metal, whatever.

If you like Iron Maiden:
Rhapsody (Holy Thunderforce is a personal fave), Blind Guardian

Hrmm… Yeah, thats all I got right now.

I dunno where these fall on the spectrum (most likely alternative, but I’m no judge), but some bands you might like could possibly be Avenged Sevenfold or Disturbed.

Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Dimmu Borgir, Trollheim’s Grott, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate , Nevermore, Manowar (for shits and grins), GWAR (for INTENTIONAL shits and grins :-P), Ratt (yes, yes, it’s glam metal, but it’s GOOD), Nausea (good blend of punk and metal), Corrosion of Conformity, WASP, Danzig, Samhain, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Exodus, Anthrax, Entombed, Finntroll, Ministry (industrial metal), Kreator, Vader, Motorhead, Queensryche, Six Feet Other, Mortician (if you want to listen to looooots of samples), Cattle Decapitation, Cryptopsy, Nile… damn- you’re going to have to give me time to think.

<a href=“http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showpost.php?p=509931&postcount=5”>Anything I listen to metal wise </a>, see first third of post. Hee.
As for more specific recommendations, try the new mudvayne album and some bleed the sky and chimaira. And soulfly. Mmyes. It’s not too hardcore but nice and metal-y. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Nausea is considered crust, which is a subgenre of punk that is pretty much what you said: a good blend of punk and metal.

I second all of Generichandicappedposter’s reccomendations, and even third a couple more. I’ll try to recomend some that haven’t been listed:

Carcass, Venom, Bathory, Emperor, Darkthrone, Diamond Head, Testament, Suffocation, Annihilator(thrash kings!), The Joint Chiefs, Zuckuss, Crackwhore, Voivod, Quo Vadis, Augury, Children Of Bodom, Burzum, Deicide, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Edguy, Into Eternity, Celtic Frost, Cynic, DESTROYER 666(you gotta check these guys out!), Dyuing Fetus, Goat Horn, Immortal, Infernal Majesty, JUDAS PRIEST(you’ve definately already have checked them out, but you didn’t list them, so…), Death, Kreator, Napalm Death, Necrophagist, Obituary, Possessed, Overkill, Razor, Saxon, Angel Witch, Sepultura, Sodom, Witchery, Zyklon… yeah.

You can find info on all of these bands at www.metal-archives.com/. The website is down right now but it’ll probably be up later.

Now you double listed some. gj :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve heard about destroyer 666, what do they do exactly? :o I second darkhthrone and Burzum. And Six feet under. And Sepultura. Go my country \m/ And many of the ones Generigap posted. Except for hammerfall. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I double listed any, it’s because I didn’t check your list. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

And Destroyer 666 play thrash with a lot of black metal thrown in there. They’re from Australia too. There’s not much info on their website right now, but you can find some info at metal-archives. If you’re going to check anything out, I reccomend anything off of the albums “Pheonix Rising” and “Unchain The Wolves”. It’s great stuff!

Most of what I know has been listed already, but I have a few favorite artists that deserve mention. It’s all black metal, I think. Tristania definitely is. Been awhile since I followed metal, most of the songs I have are from the late 90s.

Daylight Dies
Sacramentum
Tristania

I meant roun’s listing, not mine :stuck_out_tongue: And I shall look into them. ^^

I don’t like tristania either, however. ;-;

If you like power metal, grab some Sonata Arctica.

I second the MudVayne recommendation.

Check out LD 50, or the newest album.

I’ll also second Gila’s Venom, Carcass, and Napalm Death recomendations.

Blah. There’s one repeat: Kreator. And I think they deserve it!

suidakra

They have some songs on their site: http://www.suidakra.com/index.php?page=downloads

Gila, that site is fucking awesome. I’m checking out a lot shit people there have posted on the forums in addition to what’s been suggested here. Goddamn jammin’, guys. One thing though, I can’t see to find any Destroyer 666 on Ares, know of where I could here them?

What the hell is Ares? I have all their albums on my comp, you could just add me to msn and I could send some. Do you use Soulseek? that’s another alternative.

It’s a P2P program, but yeah, I’ll just add you to MSN. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes they do
there might be some repeats

kreator (again they deserve it)
destruction
vio-lence
exodus
death angel
vader
hatesphere
gojira
morbid angel
carcass
amon amarth
(wages of sin and older) arch enemy
trivium (definately go see them live if you have the chance, they surprised me)
immortal
pantera
machine head
(chaos ad and older) sepultura
dew-scented (one of my favorites)
annihilator
hypocrisy
god forbid

and last and definately not least some dutch stuff

Gorefest (yep they’re back with a killer album)
Severe Torture (dutch death kings)
Agresión (dutch/venezuelan thrashmetalcore)