Metal Gear?!

Okay, not the best title for this…
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/18/human.genome.reut/index.html

We’re one step closer to real life metal gear <b>genome</b> soldiers ;x

bold = edit :frowning:

Ah, so they’re finally done.

Great! Now all they need to do is work out the actual giant robots!

Heh, y’know, the Science of Discworld books are great as far as explaining why this might not actually be very helpful.

YAY! CAPTAIN AMERICA!

I think I had already had news stating that the genome project guys had finished sequencing the whole genome at least 3 times before this. Now they say they “mapped the last chromossome”, but I bet 5 bucks one year from now they’ll come up with something along the lines of “the genome project has finally mapped chromossome N, the real last chromo…”

And I think some of you guys would like the movie GATACA.

Vincent is one of the last “natural” babies born into a sterile, genetically-enhanced world, where life expectancy and disease likelihood are ascertained at birth. Myopic and due to die at 30, he has no chance of a career in a society that now discriminates against your genes, instead of your gender, race or religion. Going underground, he assumes the identity of Jerome, crippled in an accident, and achieves prominence in the Gattaca Corporation, where he is selected for his lifelong desire: a manned mission to Saturn(…)

That stupid second swimming scene was completely unnecessary, but otherwise that was a pretty good movie.