Metal Gear Solid: Psycho Mantis (PSX Only)

For those of you who aren’t familiar, a little backstory: Psycho Mantis is some kinda crazy ex-KGB psychic who can read minds and warp them. He freaks you out by “reading” your memory card (first one only I think). if you have a Castlevania: Symphony of the Night save there, he’ll say something like “You like Castlevania, don’t you?”, and he does something similar for Suikoden apparently.

Anyway, first off, does anyone know any other games that he notices? Like Silent Hill? Second, can anyone get any good screenshots or sound files of his powers in action? Sin probably wants one of him finding CV for his SotN shrine, and Rirse probably will too for his Suikoden shrine.

From what I heard, he mentions any Komani games you have saved.

But I havn’t played the game myself. (Despite owning it. :hahaha;)

And even so, I don’t own any other Konami games for PSX.

WANT Suikoden, though…

I used to have it and he did do it for almost every Konami game that came out before it. Not sure if it works with Konami games that were made after MGS was made though.

What the hell? What are you talking about, X? Is this some kind of game? I saw metal gear solid so I assumed it was - well, I havent seen or played a metal gear game. So I didnt know what to expect, bah, I dont know.

Originally posted by Urkani
I used to have it and he did do it for almost every Konami game that came out before it. Not sure if it works with Konami games that were made after MGS was made though.

I know it does for quite a few… And there’s no way it could do it for games made after, since it would have no knowledge of them.

One of the most common games it usually mentions, are the Konami sports games, especially football. But it should mention, any made before it’s release.

I seem to remember Konami programming in games they had in the works at the time, so that when they were released, Psycho Mantis would pick up on them even though they were released after MGS.

Any Castlevania game will be picked up, any Konami game made before it will be picked up, & any game released up to a year after MGS works.

And, with the remake, and more games under Konami’s belt, I wonder if Psycho will comment on even more Konami products…

He couldn’t possibly comment on games that hadn’t come out yet because they’d have to include voice clips; they couldn’t just list the title.

You know, they probably already knew about the games they we’re going to make, so they could still stick them in. They probably had some in mind that didn’t come out due to som reason, but you wouldn’t be able to have the save-file. maybe someone can hack into the game and see what Konami had in mind…