Meier, Carmack, Final Fantasy to be inducted into Metreon Walk of Game

The 2006 inductees into the <A HREF=“http://www.walkofgame.com/index.html”>Metreon Walk of Game</A> (which is a play on the Hollywood Walk of Fame) have been announced and are as follows:

• Sid Meier (creator of Civilization, Pirates, SimGolf)
• John Carmack (creator of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake)
• the Final Fantasy series
• Everquest
• Lara Croft (of Tomb Raider)
• and RPGC favorite, StarCraft

For those who didn’t see, last years inductees were Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, Atari founder Nolan Bushnell, Link, Mario, Halo, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

The important part, however, is that it doesn’t matter at all.

Man, I’ve never heard of this. And it pissess me off that I didn’t go to it when I was in San Fransisco like 3 years ago. How long has this been around?

Hurrah?

One year… -_-

Ah, this. It was posted a while ago in the FFC Forum where I remember saying this was bullshit. Just think of all the important figures that are not there yet like Dragon Quest/Warrior and the fact that Halo was voted in before FF. And it bothers me that FF is being represented solely by only Tidus and Yuna, even if I’m glad it’s not Sephiroth.

Found the thread.

Man, Sid Meier SO doesn’t deserve to be in a hall of fame for anything.

I live so close to there, yet I’ve never heard of that! But then I don’t go out that much either. :B

Now that the videogame industry has clearly become nothing more than a minitature version of Hollywood, someone needs to think of a good name for them. “Videogame industry” is so passe. The videogame industry needs a better title. Something like “Hollywood Jr” - insulting, but somehow involving videogames at the same time.

Sid Meier is my god. That’s how I found this information.

So, what, do they have golden carts embedded in the sidewalk?