Manga at the library.

I think it’s awesome that manga’s now available in more places. Heh, I’m addicted. Over the past year or so, I’ve spent so much money on manga, it’s insane. My bookshelf is full of more manga than it is actual books.

And, of course, I love the fact that libraries are now carrying manga. Mine has quite a few. The one series they have almost all the volumes for is Vagabond. I have no idea what it’s about, but I’m tempted to try it…

Border’s is the best place to buy manga. It has a very wide selection (whereas Suncoast does not). I usually buy the newest stuff that comes out from there: Naruto, Bleach, Tsubasa, etc. Also, I’m forced to buy Ranma 1/2 there. That’s the only store that has the next volume I’m looking for.

What I find even more awesome is that a bookstore in my town sells manga now! They have one bookshelf of it, and it’s not a wide variety, but at least it’s in town.

I haven’t been to our public library since I was 7 so I wouldn’t know if it’s gotten any manga, but my school library actually has a few. Ranma, DB and Mars are the only ones I believe.

It’s funny that so many of these places seem to have Ranma, since the art there is decidedly not for kids, at least not according to the majority of North Americans. You’d think there’d be a warning or something on it. 8p

In fact when a slightly more risque book of Ranma is released over here, it gets a small “Not for the kiddest of the kids”-label (AKA, not recommended for children under 12. Books that get it are mostly about Happosai and his fetish of panties.)

I was more talking about all the shots of girl-type Ranma going around topless.

Wow, of all the comics, MT… Piro’s made himself a name!

My library has a decent share. Although, most of them you have to request them and wait for weeks.