Man Names Child Adolf Hitler- Surprised When Shoprite Won't Make Birthday Cake:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-0/122923112231930.xml&coll=3&thispage=1

Really, now? So you name your kid Adolf Hitler Campbell, and you expect that there won’t be ANY consequences? You have the right to name your kid whatever you want, but as a private business, ShopRite has the right to refuse to make a cake out to “Adolf Hitler.” Maybe to Adolf (I knew an Adolf, actually), but not to “Adolf Hitler.” That Wal-Mart was willing to make the cake tells me something interesting about them.

Why would you name your son Adolf Hitler?

Because it’s a cool name if you’re a Nazi Holocaust denier.

[i] The swastikas, Heath Campbell said, are symbols of peace and balance. He considers them art.

“It doesn’t mean hatred to me,” he said. Deborah Campbell said a swastika “doesn’t really have a meaning. It’s just a symbol.” [/i]

How much would that suck for the kid

Brain damage would be my guess at the main reason.

Swastikas certainly did used to be a Hindu symbol before the Nazis swiped them. But if you’re going to go that route, calling your kid “Adolf Hitler” is a pretty obvious indication that that’s not the meaning you’re trying to gleam from them.

Yeah, almost everything that he said reeked of bullshit. I love how he said he was not going to force his children to adopt his beliefs, but he’s already indoctrinating them by naming them after Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler, and the Aryan Nation.

Ok, the kid needs to change his name someday. As soon as he thinks of something.

My vote is for ‘Master D’.

Poor kids, especially the little girl named for Himmler. Naming a small girl after a butcher is sick. Or choosing to have your children bullied because of their names before they can choose to change them.

Disabilities, the couple says, have left both out of work: Heath Campbell can’t landscape or pump gas because he has emphysema, and Deborah can’t waitress because she has a bad back. They live on Social Security payments.

Of course the “funny” part was that they both wouldn’t have a place in a society run by their idols.

Phhhf…Holocuast denier? The Holocaust is just a myth brought on by the Jews and and the Democrats!:get it?:

Just kidding, I couldn’t resist.

Originally Posted by Sorcerer
Why would you name your son Adolf Hitler?

Because it’s still illegal to get an abortion.

Although, after reading the article, this guy is fucking retard. He doesn’t believe in the Holocaust, but still praises the Nazis. It is hilarious that they are trying to take legal action for discrimination. I doubt it would go anywhere though, especially since ShopRite just didn’t want to put “Adolf Hitler” on the cake and tried to give the cake without so that the people could put it on themselves.

Meh. Its just a name. Its a name associated with racism and hatred, but its still just a name. Its only racist and full of hatred because people perceive it that way (with good reason I’ll admit) and the guy’s fucking stupid for naming the kid that.

But c’mon, give the little bastard his cake. Not his fault :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, there are plenty of other symbols of peace you could use. Hitler and the Nazis have permanently associated the swastika with anti-semitism and fascism, despite whatever its original meaning might have been. Someone who then knowingly uses the swastika in representation is either a Fascist/anti-Semite, or trying to prove a point.

King Soopers made me a “Pinochet is dead,” cake.

I thought the swastika associated with peace went the opposite way than the one the Nazis used.

This is true. In Buddhism, the version before it was reversed is actually called “The Cross of Happiness.”

Disabilities, the couple says, have left both out of work: Heath Campbell can’t landscape or pump gas because he has emphysema, and Deborah can’t waitress because she has a bad back. They live on Social Security payments.

Another fine example of my taxes going to benefit dead beats and assholes. God bless America.