Magic powder regenerates man's fingertip.

Holy shit.

Start that process of tissue re-growth!

“Extracellular matrix” is a catch-all term used to describe the stuff that is between cells. It’s pretty clear that whoever wrote the article has very little idea of what he’s talking about. The regrowth of the finger looks more like the case of a remarkable man than a magic powder.

Guess we’ll find out how true and effective this powder is in time.

Chances are we will never hear about it again.

I’m going to hope this comes through so I don’t have to worry about being a dumbass, blowing my arm off, and having to get a prosthetic limb.

If I’m skeptical about a “magic powder” regenerating a fingertip, I’m even more skeptical about it regenerating an entire limb.

Its not clear why some animals can regenerate entire limbs and others can’t, not because we can’t analyze how the process happens, but why the process was shut down in those that can’t. I have no idea what the hell it was about that pig bladder the guy mushed and sprinkled on the finger but its not too scientific and I have doubts as to the veracity of the claims without proper documentation.

I agree that the information being presented is absolutely abysmal and goes against all of the developmental biology I can think of, not to mention immunology.

Obviously this man has taken an experimental serum derived from reptilian DNA. Police better keep an eye on this man, lest we have a giant lizard man rampaging through the city.

This is funny because I heard about it like a month and a half ago.

Originally Posted by The 984
Obviously this man has taken an experimental serum derived from reptilian DNA. Police better keep an eye on this man, lest we have a giant lizard man rampaging through the city.

Boy. This makes me wish I had an oversized tablet of Aspirin just in case I need to ward off this giant Manzila (or at least a really large pair of pants).

I was thinking about that one X-Files episode with the guy who ate cancerous tissue and regenerated his severed head.

Er, how did he eat the tissue? Or was it before his head was severed?

Just a minute ago, I accidentally spilled some of the pixie dust on my hand into an open cut, and here’s what happened:

I’m waiting for Fox News to call me, because I just presented as much evidence as this guy who regrew his finger three years ago did.

I thought you would be more excited about this considering it would help your “one less reliable” finger issue.:ah-ha!:

Dude… if this takes off further than what it’s aiming for… it might be possible to grow additional appendages!

I call first dibs on having two penises!

Not side to side… but one on top of the other…

Think about it. >: D

Most of us would rather not D:

Eh, just slightly more sensitive and I might not have a nail. I’ve still got all 10, why grow a new one? :stuck_out_tongue:

But for the few who would? You’ve got a great niche market.

Originally Posted by Kagato Toujou
[i]Dude… if this takes off further than what it’s aiming for… it might be possible to grow additional appendages!

I call first dibs on having two penises!

Not side to side… but one on top of the other…

Think about it. >: D[/i]

Well if you’re going for a second one it might behoove you to make it bigger than your first one.