Made in the USA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-3260797,00.html

See, the problem here is that I would rather buy cheap shit that doesn’t cost me much that 's made in China rather than buy cheap shit that’s made in the US that costs too much.

There needs to be something done about the quality of certain products that doesn’t make people laugh at the reality of “hey, homer’s got one of them robot cars” crash “one of those AMERICAN robot cars”. Speaking of which, I saw a report the other day on the news about the decline of the US car industry. Previous statement applies. I’ll go for a honda or a used beemer (very affordable to get used ones in good conditions in CA for example) before I even think of getting a Ford or chevy.

but any media you buy from china is a bootleg, they pay no regard to intellectual copywrites… and those taiwan wankers too…

Okay, if she succeeds, den today’s forecast is TOTAL crap.

The US used to be on top. Then they laid off all the good workers and shoved the factories into third-world countries that allow child labor and have no minimum wage. Thus, minimum wage is to blame for all of America’s problems, although getting rid of it will allow those IN the US to cheat the lowly workers like trash and pay them only five cents a hour.

And thus, we’re screwed either way.

O.O

Originally posted by d Galloway
[b]The US used to be on top. Then they laid off all the good workers and shoved the factories into third-world countries that allow child labor and have no minimum wage. Thus, minimum wage is to blame for all of America’s problems, although getting rid of it will allow those IN the US to cheat the lowly workers like trash and pay them only five cents a hour.

And thus, we’re screwed either way. [/b]
Also, raising the minimum wage causes infaltion. When the minimum wage is increased, so do prices, reducing the purchasing power of the dollar. But, if we got rid of minimum wage, companies would cut down wages to 5 cents and hour, but would keep prices where they stand. As you said, we’re screwed either way.

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
Also, raising the minimum wage causes infaltion. When the minimum wage is increased, so do prices, reducing the purchasing power of the dollar. But, if we got rid of minimum wage, companies would cut down wages to 5 cents and hour, but would keep prices where they stand. As you said, we’re screwed either way.

Ah, Capitalism. It’s a bitch, isn’t it?

Originally posted by d Galloway
Ah, Capitalism. It’s a bitch, isn’t it?
Not just Capitalism, either. Every form of economy (govt, too) has something major wrong with it.

Aren’t capitalism and globalisation a lovely combination?

It’ll probably end up with China putting taxes on products from the United States, and what country’s firms will have the least problem with that?

The one with a just a couple of hundred millions, or the one with a billion inhabitants?

Didn’t we hear this same sort of talk during the 1980’s when japan’s economy rivaled ours? All the japan bashing and such?

And of course you would buy a Honda over a ford or chevy…They are better cars, they hardly ever need maitnence, and when they do, the parts actually work together, and are in supply…