Macs

Okay, what I am about to say is not an insult… I just wan’t to make that clear…

From this statement I don’t think you know exactly what your talking about… and are being misleading… I say this because idiot proof DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN"T DO IT… in OSX you have alot of CONTROL… the tcsh command shell of Darwin is a wonderful thing to have… in fact using a command shell gives much more control than a GUI (at first it seems harder however once you use it for a month or so man its so much faster)… I cant stand using a DOS prompt its so cumbersome and useless these days… thank god windows has Cygwin…

IDIOT PROOF DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN LACK OF CONTROL REMEMBER THIS… it just means idiots wont get control… (no im not calling you a idiot… not being aggressive just trying to clear some things up)

Edit:

thats why most Macs running OSX use tiger over panther, so many flaws with panther that you can’t help but be a Mac owner and have tiger anymore.

Alright… now this is upsetting… so many flaws… you FORGOT ABOUT why you know about these flaws… they were found in an open source audit… because DARWIN IS OPEN SOURCE… your guys are obviously not thinking here… because everyone can see the code legally flaws will be found THIS IS A GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD THING VERY GOOD THING… would you rather some pizza faced nerd be the only one to know of the exploit and have no security obsticals to face? (windows) now that the flaws can be seen by everyone more of them will be resolved… unlike microsoft windows

It was before there was a Tiger.

Tiger works very well. I do remember the original OS X having problems at one of my former labs. Stability isn’t so much of an issue for WinXP anymore I think. 95 and 98 were really bad in that sense I think. Although I do know people that can severely fuck up win XP.

Sorry I almost missed this reply…

This is very true an update caused some people to have issues with this… some people claim it to be a flaw where the “operating system thinks you using an external monitor” anyways not all updates are perfect… its a sad fact of life

I don’t believe you can compare this to service pack 2 of windows xp… so many people stay “downgraded in sp1” same thing happened in the mac word but i still dont think the sleep mode/ standby issue is REMOTELY comparable to windows service pack 2… people just downgraded their OS version a little until a fix comes out simple… i don’t consider this to be a stability problem either… your critical data is not in jepordy nor are critical processes…

It happened with and without updating. It even happened with pre-releases of Tiger.

I don’t believe you can compare this to service pack 2 of windows xp… so many people stay “downgraded in sp1” same thing happened in the mac word but i still dont think the sleep mode/ standby issue is REMOTELY comparable to windows service pack 2… people just downgraded their OS version a little until a fix comes out simple… i don’t consider this to be a stability problem either… your critical data is not in jepordy nor are critical processes…

It wasn’t critical no, but it was really bloody annoying ( enough to format it and try to install Linux and eventually sell it ), and it could have been potentially critical since the only solution was to force shutdown.

Wow I sure am posting alot today…

Yes very very annoying definately… but there was another solution… I hear people just connected a second VGA\DVI cable (one that goes nowhere) and it would fix it… but then again I know nothing about it really ive never even seen the problem in my experiences so…

It was not so much the screen as the machine not waking from standby.